Introductions - New Members Start Here

Hello Tye, May May is right on the money with her thoughts and suggestions!! I am married to a wonderful woman who understands and excepts my UI much more than even I do!! It’s annoying and frustrating but it’s just an issue we have to deal with it’s not a death sentence and anyone who thinks less of you because of it isn’t worth your time!!

Tye,
A story I've told before that you have probably missed: the easy answer is just stop the leakage and the problem goes away... the difficult detail is how does one do that? In my case, I'm more reliable; I leak all day and to a lesser degree every night. I've solved my issue, not with any device that is presently on the market, but with a soft silicone device that my engineer partner and I have designed and filed a patent on. I would be happy to include you in our test group and forward one for you to try. I often wear mine up to 22 hours in a day, particularly if I have hydrated, one way or another, in the evening. Because it is of flexible material, it is to be used with a backup pad for the occasional moments of stress leakage. Let me know if you have an interest. Duane amhelp@comcast.net

Tye, as usual i cant sleep. Wetting the bed when im falling ssleep does that so i was thinking. Hating ones unpredictable bed wetting or waking your partner to manically clean the bed is perhaps worse than the sctual peeing.
Sounds like your wetting dreams are relatively light and many people have this so staying light hearted a out it but expressing you are telling your girlfriend you are going to add a pad to be CONSIDERATE of HER is ALOT more sexy than waking her and being all angry with yourself and miserable.
Good night

Hi, I'm Mike and as a result of an accident I have Cauda equina syndrome (CES). Been through many different surgeries and take 30mg of Oxybutynin daily to "help" with bladder leakage. I also stay on a strict diet to better manage bowel issues.
As a Vet all of my medical treatment/surgeries have been through the VA.

Hi Mike there is another member here who has the Cauda equina diagnosis.
If you post a thread titled Cauda Equina syndrome they mightbsee it and exchange notes with you.
Many vetrans here also!

Hi my name is Connor, new to the site. I’m 25, about a month ago started wetting the bed at night, multiple times a week out of the blue. Went to the doctor, she forwarded me to a sleep study, I stayed dry for that, they attributed it to being a deep sleeper. Still regularly wetting multiple times a week. Pretty embarrassed cannot believe this is happening, all very new to me. Looking for some direction and if it’s time to wear something at night. Thanks!

@CS1234 hi Connor and welcome to the site. Although it can be embarrassing to wear protection at first it is better than having to change bedding. my main problems are in the day, but there are many here who can advise about night wetting. Phil

Hi Connor you are always welcome. It must be so frustrating to bed wet out of the blue at 25.
One young guy who had similar sudden onset young had a chiropractor friend adjust his stiff neck. It seems to have fixed his incontinence because as a living organism, our Neck bone is connected to the knee bone (as a song from long ago said.)

@Maymay941 @physlink
Thank you, ya I never thought I would be going through this at my age. Going to get a second opinion from another doctor but until then it is what it is. Looking for some quick advise on what to wear at night something I can get ASAP, not wearing anything to bed at the moment and that is not working at all, thanks again

Quick bed saver for today is a plastic matress cover for the mattress under the sheet and a cotton type waterproof (love THAT euphemism)top pad you lay on the sheet. In walmart in bedding section. In the pharmacy area in a corner area is the disposable underwear. It isnt very good quality so you might supplement it with overnight maxi pads in the womens feminine hygiene section for menstruation. Attach the sticky side to the inner thigh of the underwear so you have protection if you roll over in sleep. Cover any exposed sticky backing with a piece of paper so it doesn't stick to skin or leg hair.This is the fix for today but most people here order 24/7 comfidry from northshore medical supply which will be sent by mail in a plain box.
The top mattress pad is washable and i myself launder bottom sheet and pad separately and daily. I sponge off the plastic matress cover with lysol or natures miracle a pet urine product sold in pet section at Walmart.

CS1234 said:
Hi my name is Connor, new to the site. I’m 25, about a month ago started wetting the bed at night, multiple times a week out of the blue. Went to the doctor, she forwarded me to a sleep study, I stayed dry for that, they attributed it to being a deep sleeper. Still regularly wetting multiple times a week. Pretty embarrassed cannot believe this is happening, all very new to me. Looking for some direction and if it’s time to wear something at night. Thanks!
Hi Connor have you been checked for diabetes as it an cause sudden bedwetting.

@CES97 Welcome to the group. Lot off great people here and always willing to help, listen and share experiences and some humor at times.

@CS1234 Hi Conor, welcome. Bedwetter here too. Mine came as a shock to me too but when I was a teen. I can understand what you are going through with this sudden situation. HMU to chat if you want anytime.
J