Introductions - New Members Start Here

@WorldTraveller here in the UK the NHS call them pads, but adult nappies to the rest of us. I have found them much more reliable than pull ups. Phil

@WorldTraveller I didn't get on very well with the pads you put inside underwear. I get sudden surges and have found that the tape on products are the only ones that can cope, Phil

Hi Traveller, it might be helpful to know the pharmacy's in the USA are often the chain stores CVS and Walgreens also Walmart has a section for incontinence in the pharmacy AREA. Grocery stores like Publix have a section for incontience products also.look for an aisle called Femine hygiene. The nappy things are at the end farthest from the front door.
In different states of the USA the section will be well stocked or poorly stocked with variety of DIAPERS as the USA calls them or you can ask where are the DEPENDS . This is a type of well known nappie that is the word people use for diapers.
Sorry Love, no onevwill understand the word nappy.
A pad is a word for menstrual periods and not very quick absorb.
You will find the incontinence products in the section of all stores in the Feminine Hygiene aisle except Walmart it is a small seperate corner in the Pharmacy area.
Enough for now, I can tell you the store products are not great quality but if a pad that tapes to your knickers if enough, the night time ones are thicker and absorb more.
Talk later!

@Maymay941 this is really helpful! THANK YOU! 😊

Contacting a chain store and placing orders before I arrive might be my best bet to avoid going from store to store.

Also great to know to call them diapers as opposed to pads. It would be laughable if I went a distance to collect sanitary towels (as they’re called in the UK)🙈😅

Other advice for travelling is to have multiple pairs of the same trousers same DARK color. Try on all types to see what is easy to remove for you. Sometimes legging types that are a size or 2 too large with a long tunic or shirt over. They roll up small.. Blue jeans are too heavy to pack. Always have plastic bin bags and carry a bin or trash bag rolled up in your day pack or shoulder bag and 2 pair of trousers and knickers. Carry a packet of baby wipes and use after each pee.
Discard the soiled pads in the containers at public toilets.
Some public toilets have a wash basin inside the Handicapped stall or there are "family toilet" single person small room sized stalls located in between the men and womens loos. There you can wash and wring out the soiled area of the trousers and roll up in your plastic bag. Air dry in the hotel later. You might have a room mate in your hotel so you will have to tell her you are doing some laundry as you go and hang damp knickers and pants to dry at night.( they probably will be doing the same)
You might get some BAR of simple soap to carry in your day pack properly wash out the knickers and trousers. Do not bring powder soap it looks like drugs.
I cut open a plastic bag and put it under the sheet in a hotel room to protect the matress although they slide around. You can also cut or tear leg openings in a plastic bag to pull up over your night knickers and pad as a over cover.
If you can, adjust your wardrobe to have flowing long maxi drress or skirts this is also a way to not show wet if you leak in the day. Wear a big necklace to kerp attention on your face chest area. Visual distractions.
Lastly, remember your incontinence is a common issue for others but they often have health issues themselves that embarrass them.
Be considerate and discreet in how you clean and use your products but you can simply say, i have a medical condition in a matter of fact tone if you need to speak with the group leader room mate etc.

The sanitary products for incontinence are called Diapers or Depends. (Most Americans who work in a store are kind of dull witted or uninterested zombies but will know the word DEPENDS as we joke about peeing our pants a lot). Apologies to my fellow Americans in retail is called for here, so sorry.
There are pull up type and tape on type but PADS are actual long stick on the underwear pads.
Dont get the ones for menstruation get ones for incontinence and know the store products are crap. Get the heaviest ones or listed for noght timebif you do the actual pads.
Be aware the pull up or tape on knickers are crap!

@Maymay941 Where have you been all my life?! Lol

Thank you so so much!

I’ll send you a private message too if you don’t mind x

@worldtraveller if you happen to know where you’re staying ahead of time or stay in one place for a few days, you can mail order from NorthShore Care Supply or other vendors like that. The products in the chain stores don’t really work that well in my experience, but if that’s your only option, I have tried and had reasonable results with the CVS stretch fit briefs. They’re not terribly expensive either.

I'm 55 and been incontinent all my life I don't let it get to me anymore if people see I'm wearing protection and make a comment I tell them they have the problem not me as I have a medical condition

I suggest if you hsve old cotton or men's cotton undershirts or tee shirts that can be thrown in trash take one for each night you are traveling and wrap around your legs as a kind of catch all soft disposable while sleeping to catch leaks.
I dont have a clear idea of what i mean but i side sleep so catching what the pad doesn't is what i have in mind, be creative rag i guess id call it

You could look into catheterizing yourself. I have done that for trips where I was worrying about accidents in the car, bus, etc. It’s also something I do at night when I travel to avoid wetting someone else’s bed. It’s not as difficult as it might seem. As a woman, I wear a loose dress which hides the bag nicely! The bag can be reused so you only have to worry about changing the cath itself, so there’s less to carry along. If that isn’t something you want to do and you have an itinerary, you can ship supplies to yourself where you are staying. Good luck! Don’t pass up this opportunity!

My name is tye im 47 yrs of age and hve dealt with night time incontinence my whole life!! I hve been hiding it scared of it and just dealing with it! My problem is its not ever everynight! I can go months without it happening! But within a year i will hve at least 5 episodes or more! Every longterm girlfriend i ever had had experienced this with me. Waking her up to clean n scrub the mattress n change linens so freakin embarrassing!My weirdest issue is, its always in dream state! I dream im using the bathroom! Or i hvr dreamnt i was wetting the bed an actually wetting thr bed! Wat type of reverse freaking crap is that! Im about to strt a new relationship and definitely scared fr us to spend the night together! Especially soiling her mattress! Im screwed!!

Hi Tye, understandable you feel like you cant trust your body but fortunately you have processed your own solution to how to cope!
If you look for an opening in conversation say discuss a dream you had last night or any such opening will appear, and then tell her " ive had this weird problem for awhile now, it doesnt happen often at all"(per your statement, 5 times a year this is TRUE)" but i dream im peeing and i wake myself up wetting the bed." Well,YOU said it so much better but you get the drift.
You will want provide a bed mat to put on the sheet (after intimacy and before you fall asleep) perhaps that can be discreetly bundled up and set it a closed kitchen trash bag maybe? There are washable ones and disposable ones with a sticky backing that wont scrunch into a ball.
On the plus side of the problem is, you are a mature adult and hopefully she is too and mature adults realize our bodies arent perfect. If she is a woman in your decade she probably has some body issues or insecurities she is concerned about too. Its a rare woman that doesn't.
So being upfront before hand might be one key to creating a lasting relationship.
Many men here will tell you they have much more incontinence than you and they met or are with a Life partner who finds it a minor issue or nonissue because they love the man warts and all.
Glad you found your voice and came here!