Looking to Chat with Others with Lifelong Wetting Issues

I'm having a busy weekend. We flew to Ohio for my daughter's graduation yesterday. Today we're flying back and as soon as we can get off the plane and get going we're heading to a concert by "The Rock Bottom Remainders" a group of authors snd amateur musicians including Stephen King, Dave Barry & Amy Tan among others.

Then the rest of the weekend I will be attending a literary festival the aforementioned authors are in Minneapolis for. So I'll be a busy boy, also my wife is flying to Las Vegas to compete in a pool tournament.

Don't even get me started on next weekend...

Hey squander is that the concert at first avenue? I’ve been looking at that for a while and was thinking of going. Do you know if there’s still tickets available?

Tripp, Although I was a bedwetter until I was about 6 or 7 years old, my long-term incontinence issue is the result of a surgical mishap when I was 14 years old (in 1956). I bled excessively after the surgery and then developed what started out as a urinary tract infection but which spread to other parts of my body and nearly killed me. I ended up spending 3 months in hospital. I eventually recovered fully except for the fact that my bladder control has been seriously impaired ever since. I had to wear cloth diapers with plastic pants during my first three years of high school, which was a nightmarish experience. However, my urologist told me to do what nowadays are called Kegel exercises; and I got to the point where I could generally go without a daytime diaper by the time I was in my last year of high school provided I was close enough to get to a bathroom within 30 minutes or so when I needed to urinate. Things went on like that (a diaper at night but not usually during the day) until I was in my forties. At that point my overactive bladder and progressively worsening urge incontinence required me to go back to wearing a diaper 24/7/365. I’m 76 now. So I’ve been in diapers 24/7 for over 30 years now. Initially, I of course wore cloth diapers with plastic pants, but I switched to disposables when they became secure enough to rely on to keep the outside of my pants dry during the day. I really appreciate the way in which disposable diapers have been progressively improving over the past decade or so. I agree with other long-term incontinent people who say they have adapted to the need to wear diapers as a routine part of life. I’ve been able to live a reasonably successful professional and personal life despite my incontinence.

I,ve been in diapers for 30yrs due to being a diabetic.I had some trouble growing up then became somewhat dry then got married and a couple yrs later bed and pants wetting came back my wife wanted her bed dry so was returned to diapers.

Hi Barbara, Happy Memorial Day. My honey and I are just at a butterfly house outside of Washington DC today. So beautiful here.
Hope everyone has a nice day!

Happy Memorial Day to you also, we are going up your way this summer and hope to spend next summer a couple of weeks in our 5th wheel near DC to sight see. My honey has never been there and there are a lot of fun things to do. We have a week of timeshare in colonial Williamsburg and will be there June 7 for one week. I bought us a groupon to see the town as well as Jamesville and Monticello for the week. I also bought a groupon for two to see Busch gardens. It will be fun. Take care and God Bless.

Excellent! Sounds like fun. I live up above Baltimore in Hampstead. I love groupon, some of the deals are amazing. Williamsburg and Busch Gardens are nice too although it’s been a few years since I have been down to them.
Have to run, at docs getting chest X-ray. Too much pollen this year.

Hi Tripp,

I was born with plumbing problems and was in diapers until kindergarten. Then I wore thick training pants with plastic pants. As soon as I was home, my mom put me back in cloth diapers and plastic pants. This went on until I was 7-8 and then I only had diapers for bed. I never had regular underwear until middle school and I had to undress for gym. I was in bedwetting diapers until I was 14.

As soon as I went to college and drank beer, my bedwetting returned. That was a chore - managing diapers in a dorm.

Daytime accidents returned in my 40s. My bladder is shot and the only option is surgical. I’d rather wear a diaper.

I wear disposables during the day and thick cloth diapers at home and to bed. My preference is the cloth diaper but they are not very practical with trousers.

I was embarrassed for years but when the internet came out I found so many other guys with UI who wore diapers. I really like wearing diapers. I’m happy and secure in my diaper. I don’t want to be any other way. I’ve met a few other guys with UI and even went to an event at someone’s home. It was great to be with others who wore diapers with no shame.

My biggest fear was that I had no shame. I don’t care anymore. I am UI. I wear diapers. I like being this way. And that’s OK.

I've suffered from neurogenic incontinence for about a 3rd of my life, starting almost 12-years ago. I tried caths after my back injury, but bladder infections and lower spinal cord recovery was the worst. So I opted for pads, briefs, and now full diapers. Praying for a stem cell miracle one day.