Which Do you Prefer -- Cloth Backed or Plastic Backed Diapers?

@donny4 I was diagnosed with a neurogenic bladder last year and have been wearing diapers full time since. I normally wear pull up diapers since they are easier for me to manage with but I do like to wear the plastic brief diapers at night when I can.I have a problem with my spine causing my incontinence right now so I'm going to a neurosurgeon this month to see if he can help me in anyway.

I prefer plastic backed diapers. I have tried nearly everything since becoming incontinent a few years ago. Quickly learned my incontinence is too heavy for pull-ups. For me, cloth-backed diapers chafe my thighs terribly. Then there are the issues of external dampness, excessive stretch, velcro tabs losing grip and I find the material develops an odd odor once wet.

I can see advantages of both. Plastic backed for better protection and fit. But cloth backed have convenience, as you can untape them for a bowel movement or when I can actually make it to the restroom in time. And cloth backed are quieter than most plastic backed diapers that I Have tried.

Plastic Every time! They hold up even when wet and dont slip down. This might just be me, but i feel the plastic backed also do a better job of keeping the smell contained.

Plastic is what I wore when I was a baby and toddler in the late 70's and early 80's. Therefore,I have always preferred and worn plastic backed diapers. Much more comfortable to me.

I wish they would make pull up diapers with a plastic outer covering. Wouldn't be that hard to do. I would easily buy them.

mhart82 said:
I wish they would make pull up diapers with a plastic outer covering. Wouldn't be that hard to do. I would easily buy them.

Same, but the problem with any pull up is not enough front padding for men.

I’ve never seen a pull-up with plastic backing, but the only tape on diaper I use that is cloth is the molicare super slip for daytime, I use this during work hours as it holds allot and is very very discreet but it does sag after wet like all cloth backed diapers do. If they stil had the molicare with the plastic center and breathable sides I’d still be using these, but I do use Northshores lite product when I’m home and everywhere else. Then I wear a confidry at night. The plastic backed diapers are far superior for retention, odor, and comfort in my opinion but the molicare I use is very comfortable and holds quite a bit but I do change more often at work.