How did you learn to cope?

There is a birthday cake symbol under your name Barbara?!
I hope your journey of inner peace and self worth increases for you for 366 days, a year and one to grow on!

I want Barbara to go out to eat and get a free dessert at her favorite restaurant!
She deserves a good dinner!
Favorite meal Barbara? Where?

I’m still learning. I’m 40 now and have had problems since I was 14. The problems only got worse with age. However, I like the way I am. I wouldn’t change the way I am because my downfalls made me a stronger person.

I agree with all the excellent advice offered here. You all are awesome!

@thatgirl - Sorry about your luck and welcome to the “Club”. Know that you are not alone and there is hope. Maybe the doctors will figure out your particular cause and help solve it. Some people find resolution and some of us end up managing rather than curing and many never even get a definitive source of the problem. Try products until you find what works for you. It’s out there, you just have to find it. There are some truly great products in the continence market nowadays and includes entire spectrum of coverage and quality options. You’ve already done the hardest thing and that is to ask for help. And you came to the right place too, here and your doctor. Confidence comes back over time and may be more ups and downs but you can handle this both medically/physically & mentally. I wish you the best. Good luck.

Thank You MayMay-I am a young 67 years today. I can't believe I outlived my Mom and brother. I am tired, I am feeling better today. Went to church-out to eat-the flea market -picked some stuff up-etc. Tonight we have a memorial of the people who passed in our park last year. Have get going now. Blessings always-Barb

It's easier if it starts as a small problem and escalates (if it does) slowly. Other than that, this website, hoping you learn to swim after life has pushed you off into the deep end, (sorry for the pun), and hoping to find a doctor that cares, or can/will go over the products from absorbent pads to diapers to drugs to operations. Maybe the nurse is the one to ask - they seem to care more and are more practical. Some hospitals (big ones in big cities) have support groups that are good (Maybe not as good as this site, but good). Woman live with pads ("sanitary pads") from puberty to menopause, so they have better advice, i think.
Darn it, if hospitals have nurses who specialize on helping patients deal with Chemotherapy, wish they had ones that specialize in dealing with incontinence. (More than the Urologist's nurse.)
Hang in there.