How to cope with embarrassment?

DPCARE said:
@Stevewet that is awesome sounds like a good trip
It was a brilliant trip. about 3,700 miles around the four cones stating at Denver and taking in Taos,Chama, Durango, Williams, Gunnison, Manitou Springs, Glenwood Springs and Georgetown

Awesome! Btw, love the pull up picture.
I was wearing my northshore blue diaper at the harvest festival 😳 glad I didn’t sit in the kiddie pool or my pants would have swollen up like a life jacket 🤣

that would have been a sight to see lol

jrpoorman said:
Awesome! Btw, love the pull up picture.
I was wearing my northshore blue diaper at the harvest festival 😳 glad I didn’t sit in the kiddie pool or my pants would have swollen up like a life jacket 🤣
e56ba55fd2416f955f0e7f87b9ee859d.jpg

I am embarrassed if I visibly wet my pants. Not embarrassed when I leak and nobody notices. So I use good protective underwear and it helps with feeling normal.

@Jamesinnh I can certainly understand this as I got a wet patch when walking my dogs recently. I stupidly wore chinos rather than my usual dark jeans or black. The dogs only had a short walk that day! Phi

DPCARE, Your post is 100% correct! However, convincing myself of that fact at an emotional level as well as an intellectual level was a lengthy process.

EleanorRose,

Diana is correct that it would help to know the root of your embarrassment. There are many aspects of incontinence that cause embarrassment, ranging from public accidents without any protection, to the embarrassment of actually wearing protection, to leaking protection. I am guessing all of us here have experienced these forms of embarrassment at one time or another. It sounds like this might be new to you, so if your embarrassment is due to public accidents without protection, I would recommend you try wearing some form of protection. Your ID suggests you are female, so you may be able to try pads first, especially if the accidents are sudden urges where you do not make it to the bathroom in time. Pull-ups and diapers are also options, but you may not need that much protection.

Please feel free to elaborate with us. Many of us here can offer support whatever your source of embarrassment may be.

I LOVE this Ad!
Thanks for posting it David. Is it on their page? And honestly, isn’t that the truth. Great ad .how are things going with you and the pup? Good I hope. You look great after your bariatric surgery. Do you feel better?

@jrpoorman I agree with you the ad is very true Kole is doing great
I took him to a pet blessing on Friday here is a video of the pet blessing

and yes I am feeling pretty good after the surgery
8bdcdd1ed59bee84c0134f7312d510e2.jpg
f02ff181f0eb10a4732cf226dee7471b.jpg

I was happy to finally be able to get into my 3x clothes. Little by little, I just have to watch my carb intake better. 👍

yes it is very exciting downsizing your clothes I was very excited about going to a 3xl myself now I can wear a 1xl but because I like a loose fit especially with the diapers I wear mostly 2xl but the exciting part now is I can buy off the rack clothes
3df27723b1af6ad6a03c626b030df906.jpg
4d89885728deea721165650f32486146.jpg
d1984b106e3a47f31b6886de56cc8d66.jpg
97d62baa68f9462c1d304cc15d94d657.jpg

I had many embarrassing situations before. Mostly because of using the wrong incontinence briefs because it was hard accepting my condition as it is. This denial caused many problems and frustration, ending up with wet pants to many times.

David that is awesome!
Great photo. So glad you are doing well.
Hope it has been a nice weekend. I went to Church this morning and came home, took out dog, finished laundry and now I’m taking a nap...good rainy lazy day today.