Groups

Archives1

Staff member
All,
We're happy to announce that we have created a separate group for men and for women to participate in gender-specific topics in their own space. Note that this is a trial and we are testing out some different options. Our current functionality does allow groups, however in order to join, you will need to send NAFC a private message with your request, and we will then add you to the specified group. Note: there is no way for NAFC to know if everyone requesting to join a group is male/female so that will be on the honor system for now.

If you would like to join a separate women's or men's group, please send a private message to NAFC and we will add you to the group. (Note that this is also a manual process so may take a couple of days after your request for you to be added.) Once you have been added to the group, you should see your group populate under the "Your Groups" title on the sidebar to the left.

Thanks for your patience as we test this out!
NAFC

I really don't think this is a good idea. Traffic on this site is limited enough. Don't cave to the opinions of a few.

Yeah I wouldn't separate the boys from the girls so to say...lol. A lot of what goes on here is support from your fellow human being whether they are a man or a woman. If they wish to talk to their own sex they can always send personal messages. But also I think it's good to understand what both sexes go through. I might be wrong here. But just sayin is all.

No one is forcing anyone into groups. The main forum will remain as it is. But those who wish to have a conversation with only men or only women will now have the option.

So if it's on an honor system to tell NAFC if you're male or female. Then why do it at all?? That's like going to a females bathroom only to find out some guy is there who thinks he's female. Sounds silly to split it up if youre not even sure whos there!. Incontinence hits men and women both the same way. I never would gave heard of the Bulkamed treatment if it were left to women's group only, because it started out as a treatment for woman only.

I applaud @NAFC for giving us the option. I have sent a private message to join the men/male group.

I do agree that it will take time for us to put post in the correct group for me men versus NAFC original.

I suggest (so much unknown, we are up to the challenge)

the NAFC original is about
- incontinence products (diapers, etc),
- travel,
- procedures like interstim,
- New Member introductions,
- etc (just to name a few).

the men's group
ED and ED recovery after prostatectomy
etc

@NAFC Question. If we do "join" a male or female group - Can we still participate in the whole group? Or is it just one option, but not both? - I understand sometimes wanting to just talk to the girls and not the guys or vice versa - but I also like seeing what the guys are going through. Can we do both?

@Pammy53 Yes. Again, we are not taking anything away - the main forum will still exist. Just the opportunity to participate in other groups if desired.

No female protested the female group; in fact, we all asked for it. Only most of the men were against it. That just goes to show men like you @1reginald57 how out of touch you are with women’s needs.

@thudson1965 I love your post; thank you very much.

@Bobby103 @1reginald57- I understand what you mean. I really do. Personally, I for the most part don't mind posting on the general forum. I don't think most of you guys really care what we say about menopause or anything else, and you probably learn something from us ladies from time to time. Just like I learn alot from the men. So far I have not felt the need for more privacy, but maybe sometime I will. And as far as caving to the opinions of a few - well, there really are just a few of us. I don't know exactly how this will all play out. Can the ladies for example post something in both forums if they want by having a I don't know, maybe a "share" button to hit so that the general forum sees it too?. It won't kill any of us to try this out. - Pam

I think most items will be posted to the main NAFC forum.

When you click on Forum Home - you will see the main NAFC Forum and your group post. Your group post will have a green triangle before the post name.

To post in your group, you must select your group ("Just for Men") then press "Start New Topic" for the post to appear in just the selected group.

8e0ec7d75661851b46b9d799fae70ce2.jpg

@Pammy53 You’re exactly right: it won’t kill any of us to try groups out. There are only seven active females, with only three of us very active. The men aren’t going to miss our topics at all; let’s be real. The average man doesn’t even know what a hysterectomy is.

I agree with @1reginald57, in that this forum supports "your fellow human being" as incontinence is something that affects both genders.
But there are times when it's best that a man communicates with another man and a woman can communicate with another woman about certain aspects.
So as much as I'm comfortable doing the general forum and have learned a lot and gained a lot of insight from both male and female, it is good we have the option to be able to shift over to talking with someone about a concern with our own gender.

Unfortunately, so far I’m the only female in the women’s group. Come on ladies, let’s please act on what we agreed we wanted! I look forward to our private posts so come join me!

@snow Hi snow. I sent a message yesterday to nafc. I don't know how long it takes to process. It was Friday, plus coming off of a holiday weekend. - Pam

@billliveshere Hi bill. I like what you said re groups. I wondered if we wanted - could we post or share something simultaneously to both groups via, I don't know maybe some kind of "forward "link. I inquired about that when I sent nafc a message. I haven't heard anything yet. Probably next week. - Pam