Very lost

@ritanofsinger Good points! Thanks for your advice.

I won’t be trying the device because the last thing I need is less sleep, and because my diagnosis is Neurogenic Bladder incurred while falling down a cliff, so a device like that is not going to work for me. It’s not going to regenerate my severed bladder nerves. I already wake up 8+ times every night to pee, and I still wet through diapers even though I wake up that often. I pee twice as much in quantity at night as I do in the day. That’s not going to change. Being horizontal is my body’s primary trigger to urinate. It sucks, but that’s life: aging is primarily horrible.

I notice I do void hugely at night but actually little need relatively in the day. I think I am triggered by the omplete horizontal position as I can even make a reasonable 11pm to 6 am without peeing at all if semi reclined in a recliner chair or sitting up or even immobilized by a sofa one vacation.
I also fell hard in my tail bone and think I injured nerves.
I've tried propping up on bed but it doesn't work

@Maymay941 Interesting! I think propping up doesn’t help me either. I think I wet my dad’s recliner once when I accidentally fell asleep in it without wearing a diaper. Perhaps this calls for some experiments on my part. Of course, nothing beats true horizontal sleep.

Boy, @ritanofsinger, I might have blown that one! :oops: The device you described isn't the one I thought it was. And no, I'm not seeing pink elephants I have seen ads for that other device I described up above. I don't remember where or what magazines. But I truly don't remember seeing ads for the one you describe!

Not a back sleeper, but: had a foot operation, a few years ago, & had to elevate it to heart level or more, for 6 weeks. Got a strip of foam, 3" thick, 2 feet wide, from JoAnne's fabric (on sale). Cut it into 2 foot lengths and piled it up in one case (wife made it). By putting the top one "cantilevered" 6-8 inches over the edge, it made a "ramp" for my leg. Then one of those huge triangular pillows at the head end. Was surprised at how comfortable, let me sleep on my back.
I admit it got boring! 6 weeks in a Best Western! Had good view, though, and from week 3, could wheelchair across the street to Starbucks.
My impression is that it lessened the incontinence - but remember I had limited moving, no bending & lifting, and watched my liquid and sugar intake.

@AlasSouth sounds like you were very creative in making that ramp for your leg. Sometimes we just gotta do what we gotta do! As for me, I usually try to look for something like that in a store (that's the easy way) but barring that, then creative juices start to flow! So you had to spend six weeks in a Best Western? And a good view helps! And the good part is someone came in and made up the bed and cleaned your room every day! I don't even get that at my own place!!! :(