If you drink

@wyr13 Good luck with your grapes! Which muscle relaxer increased your incontinence, if you don’t mind my asking? I have Tizanidine (a.k.a. Zanaflax) only and while it makes me sleepy, it does nothing to alleviate my back back nor knee pain nor does it worsen my incontinence. I’ve never been prescribed Soma, probably because my back problems are to do with bone and vertebrae, not muscles.

I drink 100 ounces of pure filtered water per day, everyday, yes its hard or very hard at times, but if I get it done before 5 it really helps because of my chronic constipation a Gastro told me I should be drinking 140 ounces, I laughed she said whats so funny? I told her you are really disconnected. Oh yes in her notes she wrote she did a "physical" exam, she did not touch me, so last time I saw her.

@Snow I don't mind at all. It is the Tizanidine that I was taking. I didn't think it was working but overtime the back muscles eased and that problem subsided. I was only taking 1/2 of the dose (they break easy) at bedtime because they gave me that drugged hangover in the morning when taking a full pill. Made me very sleepy as well. I still have the degenerative lower disc problem which presents other challenges but I have learned to deal with that as well. I didn't have anything wrong with me at all until my doctor had me get X-Rays, and biopsies and crap and (found?) caused it all with diagnosis. :D

@wyr13 - Hi wyr13. Re Maymay's inquiry to help support your endeavors - I don't know if you are a wine drinker. I was a long time ago - but for anyone here, who do imbibe - Any particular brand/kind that you can recommend? - Pam

Sweet Wine try Menage-a-Trois Dolche or Sutter Home White Zinfindel or Sweet Red, My favorite is from Gallo where I used to work. It is the McMurray Ranch Russian River Pinot Noir (super expensive). Gallo also makes Apothic Red which is also very good and not super expensive. They are both Family Owned wineries.

@wyr13 Lol, yep, doctors will do that to you: tell you what’s “wrong” with you!

You’re right; Tizanidine breaks easily, fortunately. I take 1-2 at bedtime for sleep, along with other things. It’s a good sleeping medication because it doesn’t decrease your blood pressure, breathing, heart rate, etc. unlike benzodiazepines or Ambien, and one doesn’t build a tolerance to Tizanidine (so my docs say). If Tizanidine affects my incontinence or provides any muscle relief, I don’t notice. That might be because you and I are incontinent for different reasons.

@Pammy53 My favorite alcoholic drink ever is fortunately simultaneously low-calorie: Francis Coppola's “Sofia” Brute Rose (champagne but not from France). It’s the cutest bottle, logo, and adorable wrapping. The electricity it sends through the body is extra fun and girly. For the most fun, consume on a very empty stomach and don’t eat while you’re drinking it. It’s strong without being overwhelming, very refreshing and fun.

For something stronger, I like a dirty martini with 4-5 olives, comprised of ice cold Grey Goose vodka and Tanqueray gin. I also used to go for a low-calorie, upper-end Jose Cuervo tequila soda water, “dressed” with a salted glass rum and two limes. If not Cuervo, Hornitos is smooth.

But I quit drinking alcohol 5.5 years ago. Sobriety has its ups and downs. I don’t try the new drinks coming out and I never quite get to relax. I traded some fun in my life for better memory recall and cognition. Also, alcohol interacts negatively with basically every medication I take, so that’s another reason I now abstain. It’s easily done in UT; less so in Hollywood.

9c063b0b7b2b279c2f6bf19e2183db46.jpg

@Pammy53 Most alcohol bottles look like men’s cologne, so it’s nice to see such a cute girly perfume type bottle for a change 🌷

Little known fact, that punt at the bottom of the bottle helps the bottle ride down the conveyor and stay upright. Helps lower the center of gravity and spreads the load out just a touch. It isn't a convenient place for the server to put their finger while pouring. :)

@Snow - I will have to pick one of those Coppola bottles up next time I go by that winery. Thanks for the tip.