Archives1

Staff member
Eight glasses of water a day?
Your new hobby will be peeing

(Bada boom)

A friend sent me this Hallmark card.

Why do I think we wrote the book?

Truer words were never spoken!!!
That'll be your new hobby because if you drank 8 glasses of water a day you won't have time for any other hobbies!!

Pammy53 it's truly really weak humor!! Must have been a comic Hallmark card makers day off.

We are ahead of our time Billy!

When my urologist removed a large kidney stone, he said: you need to drink a lot of water! He repeats the message every time I go in for a check-up. So, I fill up my bottles every night. First thing in the morning, 8 ounces of water before I stand up. My daily goal is six glasses a day. The external catheter and leg bag have become my good friends.

Hey @Maymay941:

It's funny you brought on this topic. Today I went shopping and got some "Monster" just for the heck of it - cause I was on the lookout for this new branded sparkling water called "Aha" and there coming out with a limited Jell-O flavors.

But anyway, they had none so I settled on an energy drink which I haven't had in years. Part of me wonders if my excessive energy drink consumption was a precursor to my bladder condition, idk.

So, I drink only one today - and mixed it with a juice to get more of a fruit flavor and I've just been achy all day like a kidney stone but not really. It's like an all body ache but yet I'm tired almost like the aches you get when you've got the flu minus the congestion and fever.

So I think I'll pass on the energy drinks from now on. Back to water and carbonated beverages (which I should not be drinking as well).

So it goes!
Honeeecombs

Very astute to observe and do what is best for you Honeeecombs.
If there's one thing I ve observed in the forum is that each of us is very different same diagnosis or not.
Why not make jello for fun too? It's so pretty!

@Honeeecombs Wow, yikes, maybe you are actually sick! I’ve never heard of anyone having that reaction to an energy drink. I guess we’ll find out tomorrow if you’re still sick, then it’s not from the energy drink that only lasts for four hours.

Hi @Honeeecombs, I don't drink energy drinks myself, so you're wise to just skip them and stick to the drinks you know. I don't know what in this drink you had today would cause that reaction unless it's just a coincidence and you may have picked up a bug that has nothing to do with that new drink.
If that had happened to me, I would just pass on that and go back to the drinks I'm familiar with and then see what happens.'
At any rate I hope you're feeling better now and that you'll continue to feel better going into tomorrow!
As for it being a precursor to bladder conditions I don't know. I haven't heard of this before but if what you drink now isn't causing any undesirable effects then do continue to do that!!

I am still doing all the drinks I always had but over the last 6 weeks or so it seemed I was running to the bathroom way more than before. What was every couple of hours was now less than an hour. Yesterday I was thinking what changed, then it dawned on me. That was about the time my doctor prescribed muscle relaxers for my back. Though a hole one makes me like hung over in the morning, I have been taking a 1/2 most every night. My back is a little better but I think those little pills worked great on the lower muscles, right where I did not need it. Suggest avoiding muscle relaxers. I stopped last night, hope it at least gets back to where I was. Haven't been on much here lately, busy time of the year getting our equipment ready for the grape harvest and installing improvements. Should only last to November. :)

Hey guys,

Little update on me - I woke up this morning feeling great - however over the course of the day continued to deteriorate. Took a nap, woke up with a fever and a acute shortness of breath - but also very fatigue and body ache but no leg pain - had a throbbing lower back and thankfully no kidney stones (it was a weird freak thing when I was laying in bed). Walking has been difficult due to tiredness but took some medication to get ahead of the game.

Hopefully all will work out - probably going to be down for the count for the next few days - if anyone's is not doing anything please feel free to reach out to chat. Trying to stay social.

Blessings,
Honeeecombs

Sounds like you picked up some version of a bug!!

Tell us about the adorable little black and white fur person you are cuddling

0f2ca6d5080a9ea9a283ae18814c9f14.jpg

His name is Pepper; I call him my little pepperoni - if he had creme color in him I was going to name him "Lemon Pepper" but I decided to name him after the seasoning.

I got him at 4 weeks, he was very sick when I got him but nursed him back to health via formula and antibiotics then to cat food. He is definetly a teenager now and is getting into trouble left and right. Hopefully he will calm down but I don't underestimate his ability to love as he always comes and cuddles at night and loves to sleep together

He doesn't want anybody to know but he is a teddy bear at heart lol.

Sincerely,
Honeeecombs

Such a beautiful little fellow!

Do you have toys to tire out the naughty energy?
And does he like a cardboard box or a brown paper bag?

At four weeks he was VERY fortunate to have you step up for him

Maymay941 said:
Such a beautiful little fellow!

Do you have toys to tire out the naughty energy?
And does he like a cardboard box or a brown paper bag?

At four weeks he was VERY fortunate to have you step up for him

Oh yes, his favorite is a gingerbread man little cat toy he goes nuts about. He carries that thing everywhere

HC

Too cute!
I've trained my cousins cat to catch a treat thrown in mid air kind of like playing baseball, he swats it down with a paw but then the outfielder eats it.

Honeeecombs said:
0f2ca6d5080a9ea9a283ae18814c9f14.jpg

His name is Pepper; I call him my little pepperoni - if he had creme color in him I was going to name him "Lemon Pepper" but I decided to name him after the seasoning.

I got him at 4 weeks, he was very sick when I got him but nursed him back to health via formula and antibiotics then to cat food. He is definetly a teenager now and is getting into trouble left and right. Hopefully he will calm down but I don't underestimate his ability to love as he always comes and cuddles at night and loves to sleep together

He doesn't want anybody to know but he is a teddy bear at heart lol.

Sincerely,
Honeeecombs
He really is beautiful.