venting, bedwetting

Archives1

Staff member
I am aware all night of waiting for "IT" to start. Usually around 2am i fall lightly asleep even if i get up to pee at that time. Its a dribble. Then its like a pump as i do relax and theoughout the night i am aware of a pump of urine sometimes seemingly endless flow flooding.
It doesnt matter diapers it is the sensation of my body that keeps me partially awake and the pool around me as it doesnt absorb. i generally fall deeper asleep in the "wee hours" of early morning after a light sleep due to the awareness.
i find the sightest touch of my hand to my belly creates the feeling of a hard push and it pumps worse.
This makes it hard to arise in a timely way as it will continue unabated as i sit up and some nights i sleep so poorly i have to nap in the day.
its not the diaper, its the sensation of my bladder taking on a life of its own.
Needless to say i have to do laundry of pads and sheets every single morning but time it to not distress others by hauling the wet stuff into the upstairs laundry past their bedrooms as they prepare for the day.
I live withmy 5 year old grand daughter who is a truth teller and the type to loudly tell anyone of strange smells or any personal activity of anyone in our household so im waiting to have my incontinence being broadcast any time now. She jas no filter snd not mean spirited just way too much information.
im almost beyond embarrassment but i am sick of my body taking off like a run away sump pump.

Oh can I relate May, and understand what happens. I try to make things better for myself, but end up worrying about everything. Yes the standard waterproof sheets on my bed, and waterproof pads under me(I don't like them as I get to warm) and a overnight diaper, with 2 doublers in place. So its all I can do, but still I worry and it depresses me a lot. PCP started me on a antidepressant, plus a sedative, that she told me she doesn't want me to drive after taking it! This I finally got out of them they want me to accept what I'm, as I self cath during the day, or need a Foley. I know the smells, and quite frankly I don't feel people notice what I'm wearing but it is a medical necessity.
I have several Dr.s and nurses that will attest to my condition.

Yes many days it makes me sad.

Have you tried different brands of protection? One brand may be more comfortable than another. That may help you sleep better

thank you all. It has made yhe biggest difference to me to have a place to say these things as even the medical professionals in my life are incomfortable with the topic. I was severely depressed and became a hermit before this site gave me courage to self accept and realize o could be accepted by others. Even if they dont want to hear about it or talk about it i managed to move literally to a place where i am able to be useful to family and contribute to society.
I just am not able to stop that relentless pumping which taunts me nightly.

Hi Maymay, this is a hard time of the year for so many of us and our health issues don’t help to make it any easier!! I’ve been looking for a way to get help with my mental health and not put me in the poor house and it’s just plain stressful which makes the incontinence even worse 🥴 but we can all at least know we have each other on this sight to help us through the day!! You seem like a wonderful person and full of love, so just hang in there and know we are HERE for you!!

Do you think they will ever have a cure for urinary in continence? I hear the medical community is researching and conducting testing with stem cells but are there any evidence of success?

MrPhil54 said:
Do you think they will ever have a cure for urinary in continence? I hear the medical community is researching and conducting testing with stem cells but are there any evidence of success?

The real question is: do you think if you were cured, would you be able to leave the house without protection and still feel mentally comfortable?