The NAFC Recipe Guide.

Flguy

French toast
I rely on eggs for protein fairly often but this uses up stale bread
Top with cottage cheese. Diesnt have to be sweet with syrups and such

Not healthy at all but one of my favorite things to eat.

Chocolate chip Eggo waffles into Peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches with peanut butter on both waffles.

The peanut butter melts just a bit if cooked right.

I even make them as a triple-decker when I need something.

@ThatFLGuy that is an interesting take. I love peanut butter and jelly on toast. Although I will sprinkle a few M&Ms on too.

@Maymay941 you are correct, But I indulge occasionally knowing that I eat healthy when prepared by my wife.

@DWLCPAJD

It is so good, Tip though is to make sure to use a plate and eat over because the Peanut butter will be messy.

@DWLCPAJD - You are absolutely right about that being not the healthiest snack, but it does sound yummy 😋 Most stuff that are that yummy aren't very healthy, but we love them anyway. I love popcorn with lots of butter and extra salt - but I avoid it due to all the dental work involved 😉 Pam

@snow - losing any sense of smell on a permanent basis would be hard enough given that food is the center of our day with family and friends, celebrations and so many other things in life. Reducing food intake simpley for the necessity of ingesting calories for survival is a tough pill to swallow on so many levels. And I almost don't understand why you haven't lost weight given how little you eat. - When Covid hit, my pool class at the Y closed down which I loved. Lots of things happened since. My husband's amputation, me breaking both hips, and a shunt put in my head these last 5 years. - We can ask and make guesses about our circumstances, had things gone differently. I will always think that I could have had a few more years which would have counted for alot were it not for Covid. But, we will never really know. - Pam

Pammy how did you break both hips?
I'm sorry it sounds like you and your husband had a very bad turn in a very short time

Oooh good eye Pammy!
Well I am very fond of fast food and I had a Wendy's cheese burger that the next day ruined my perfect bowel system. Days went by I was fecal incontinent suddenly from perfect to disaster!
(Dramatic music to cover my embarrassment and relief)
THIS ISSUE CONTINUED FOR TWO WEEKS until

I have some probiotics called Provitalize by better body Co I bought years ago and I don't remember why I did.
I don't know why but I started tossing them back two at a time several times a day and instantly succeeded at becoming normal and regular.
I did it for a week they cut back to the normal dose of two on an empty stomach.

Just had fried mozzarella cheese sticks yesterday as an experiment and I'm still normal as before the Wendy's.

I really don't know if it is what worked but I had tried to eat only safe food and nothing worked until the probiotics.

If you Google there's a lot of info on them for restoring health in the gut

My GI doctor got onto me about eating eight eggs in one day during Easter.

I tried defending my decision but to this doctor, Reese's Peanut butter eggs are not real eggs.

LOL.

@Maymay941 - Definitely do give it a try. The canned potatoes makes it really easy, and they are a quick add to other recipes that call for potatoes. - We seasoned the hash with Mrs. Dash, pepper and a little salt. But use whatever you wish. I really want to try roasting in the oven. - Pam

@Maymay941 @ThatFLGuy - Good grief of course we all love those. But, do you like hard boiled eggs? Excellent snack for breakfast with a little salt and pepper. My husband and I got the Dash Deluxe egg maker on Amozon. It is $25, but we eat them for salads egg salad sandwiches, sliced egg salad sandwiches. Of course it makes other styles of eggs which we haven't tried yet - There are of course other brands and smaller sizes that are cheaper Good protein source.- Pam

@Maymay941 @ThatFLGuy - I forgot. If you get a egg maker - when done - you will get a ping sound- put them in a bowl to cool a bit - no water - cover with Saran Wrap and chill in the 'frig. - Pam

@Maymay941 - The first one in Oct of 2021, I was wandering around the kitchen with my go cart making up a grocery list. My husband had already had a below knee amputation do to a surgery where a blood clot formed that went into gangrene. He kept telling me to stop, because I was tired. But, I had one more thing to do! I turned to toss some trash, lost my balance and hit the floor. It felt different and it sounded different. Crawled into the family room and slept on the floor. I was in complete detail. If I could not stand up come morning - 911 it would be. The second one Feb of 24 was not my fault. I was brushing my teeth on the way to bed, my primary thinks that my blood pressure dropped and I hit the floor. Still here we go again. But really Maymay WHO DOES THAT?! UGH! - Pam

@Maymay941 -And my husband and I have commented more than once - given all the violence in our nation and the world - home would be a good place to (sad to say) Hide.- Pam