Stuff you used to be able to do or miss

Stuff I miss... smiling.... so with that in mind, here is something I borrowed this morning;

A woman brought a very limp duck into a veterinary surgeon. As she laid her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird's chest.

After a moment or two, the vet shook his head and sadly said, "I'm sorry, your duck, Cuddles, has passed away."

The distressed woman wailed, "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am sure. Your duck is dead," replied the vet..

"How can you be so sure?" she protested. "I mean you haven't done any testing on him or anything. He might just be in a coma or something."

The vet rolled his eyes, turned around and left the room. He returned a few minutes later with a black Labrador Retriever.

As the duck's owner looked on in amazement, the dog stood on his hind legs, put his front paws on the examination table and sniffed the duck from top to bottom. He then looked up at the vet with sad eyes and shook his head.

The vet patted the dog on the head and took it out of the room. A few minutes later he returned with a cat. The cat jumped on the table and also delicately sniffed the bird from head to foot. The cat sat back on its haunches, shook its head, meowed softly and strolled out of the room.

The vet looked at the woman and said, "I'm sorry, but as I said, this is most definitely, 100% certifiably, a dead duck."

The vet turned to his computer terminal, hit a few keys and produced a bill, which he handed to the woman..

The duck's owner, still in shock, took the bill. "£150!" she cried, "£150 just to tell me my duck is dead!"

The vet shrugged, "I'm sorry. If you had just taken my word for it, the bill would have been £20, but with the Lab Report and the Cat Scan, it's now £150."

I pretty much do everything I did before my OAB started leading to urge incontinence. I just make sure I'm protected in case of accidents if I'm going to be in a situation where quick toilet access isn't guaranteed. At least to me it isn't worth limiting myself just because of a fear of embarrassment.

Before my Long-Covid/Chronic-Fatigue stuff, I didn't feel that my urge, after-dribble and IBS incontinence issues were really a barrier to doing anything. If anything, using protection meant that I was able do more and was far less anxious about accidents (I never used to leave the house if I had an IBS flare up). The only significant downside was having to pack more when travelling because spare supplies take up space but then I was packing tons of underwear and would always bring an extra pair of trousers so at least this way I always had extra space coming back.

My more recent health issues have changed that somewhat, I can't run, play guitar, walk much at all without having to stop all the time. My urinary issues have also gotten a lot worse which means I need to use higher capacity products as significant accidents are the rule rather than the exception. I also have mobility/balance issues now changing quickly standing up is a real pain so I've found that out and about finding a disabled bathroom with enough space to put a mat down can be a challenge and takes more time.

Sci Fi Fan glad you stopped by but now you had Covid and chronic fatigue as well?
Sincerely sending wishes for your health

Hi @Sci_Fi_Fan, Thanks you for updating us on your health. I'm sorry to hear that things are more challenging for you now. :( As for mobility and balance issues have you seen a physical therapist lately? Since things are changing for you, that may be a good path to follow. They can help with that as well as give you ideas of finding an appropriately equipped handicapped restroom.
Here's hoping things will get better for you and that you get some good help. It's good that you're keeping in touch with us! We're here to help!

Thanks guys! People aren't really that sociable at my new workplace so this place has been a real lifeline re support and contact and I really appreciate it.

Going to take a break from work and do a Master's degree next year which will give more more time to focus on my health. Many appointments have been cancelled due to Covid so hopefully when this insanity is all over I should make some progress.

My osteopath has been great down where I'm living at the moment though and whilst my urinary issues have gotten much worse, the osteopathy has really helped with the IBS so that's one positive!

Hi @Sci_Fi_Fan, I'm sorry to hear that the people at your new workplace aren't too sociable. That really sucks! But if you get to know them a bit better and try to see if there is at least one someone you have something in common with then things may turn around. Things like that take time and you may one day be pleasantly surprised to find that the people there are not so stuck-up after all! Let's hope that happens for you soon! And you know that we are always here to listen to you and help out as well as to give you support when you need it!
It's a good idea to take a break for a while and work on your master's degree. that will give you something great to shoot for and is a goal that will make a real difference in your life. And you have everyone's best wishes here for that too! I also hope that these new vaccines for Covid can be available soon and that we can get this thing licked for once and for all! It is way past time! We'll be looking forward to hearing about your progress.

@Sci_Fi_Fan 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Yayyyy, for grad school; I can’t recommend it enough! The feeling of having finished is one of the best feelings of my life! I don’t think you’ll have any regrets!

@snow Great to hear! I really enjoyed the academic side of my teacher training. @billliveshere I'm hoping the Covid vaccine may have a positive effect on us long-Covid sufferers. Time will tell I guess.