Pullups question

@snow how do you feel about the fit of the overnights, btw? I purchased a small but I am on the cusp of S/M. Hoping they aren't tight.

@Koigal I’m somewhere between a L and XL. I prefer the tighter L to combat leaks. I used to be between the S and M.

@BarrySimpson94 - I also rely on pads with net fixation pants for both daytime and overnight use. In my case both the pads and pants are Molicare brand. They are provided by the local health service - and selected by them. I have no choice over what brand or absorbency level I get - except for the extra pads I have to buy myself, and then I have to go for the cheapest possible.

I see that you use two types of net pants. Do you have a preference between the Abena and Allanda?

I started using the Molicare net pants in 2016 following my prostatectomy and to begin with the pants were sturdy, durable, and gave reliable support. But a couple of years ago Molicare changed the material and design of their pants. Now they are thin and flimsy, and they don't hold the pads in place as reliably. I get far more leaks now than I used to which is very frustrating.

Would you recommend either of the brands you use?

Hi Phil, both Abena and Allanda work fine for me. In fact, I would not be able to tell them apart except the waistbands are different colours. I suppose they do look rather flimsy but they are quite strong. There is no front exit. They look like women's maxi briefs without gusset - not needed because of the pad. They can be pulled up past my suprapubic entry point to my navel to cover the whole of the pad, so they cover any arousal without popping out. I have never tried any other brands.
My pads were prescribed by my district nurses. On most days they are not needed but have always been adequate when they have been needed.

@BarrySimpson94 - thanks for the response. I may try Abena or Allanda pants. They sound like they could work for me.

I have never heard of Allanda

BarrySimpson94 said:
Hi Phil, both Abena and Allanda work fine for me. In fact, I would not be able to tell them apart except the waistbands are different colours. I suppose they do look rather flimsy but they are quite strong. There is no front exit. They look like women's maxi briefs without gusset - not needed because of the pad. They can be pulled up past my suprapubic entry point to my navel to cover the whole of the pad, so they cover any arousal without popping out. I have never tried any other brands.
My pads were prescribed by my district nurses. On most days they are not needed but have always been adequate when they have been needed.

Now I have a really odd question-Does anyone else wear the small sized pullups and have a brand they like?

Hi @koigal, I don't know if this helps you or not but the Aleyne pullups, which are marked male, I wear are marked small/medium and package says they accommodate waist size from 30 to 44 inches.
Their literature and site also says the female packs marked small/medium accommodates waist size from 26 to 38 inches. I think the Aleynes for both sexes are made with the same technology.
Although I can't think of other specific brands now, a lot of unisex pullups I have used are marked small/medium and the fit is definitely no problem for me.

Wow. Ok lol @ all of our responses. It's awesome that you all chimed in. So many I didn't read every one but as said, price and trial and error and availability/lead times.

Use 3 different depends

Max for around the house
Real fit for PT / work
Nighttime for nighttime

Hi @Nocontrol, It looks like you have everything planned out with 3 different Depends and you know which type to use for whatever need or time of day. That's kind of impressive! Do you ever run out of one type before you run out of the others? Are the Depends nighttime gender specific or unisex? I haven't seen anything like them at Wal-Mart.