Not happy with Northshore.

It's not every package that's late...many are delivered on time. Just impossible to predict which ones get delayed.

The name of this threaded should be changed to "Very Impressed with Northshore!". It's awesome what they have done to make a customer happy, especially when the problem wasn't really under their control. I've ordered from Northshore several times and always got great service and fast shipping.

Guess I’m just lucky. 😬
Also just wanted to say. The MegaMax is a life saver. I had an appointment with my leg guy to try out my new leg and I wore the tie dye one. Lots of standing up, sitting down, and walking and it held up like a champ. Didn’t change til just now (several hours later) and no leaks. Not even with my hole in my garywear. Superb product thanks!

@Padded53 yes I agree but I can’t change it! It won’t let me. 😤

I messaged NAFC. Let’s see what they say

I take that back about shipping with chewy. Their warehouse is short staffed and my order didn’t get shipped today. So I had to cancel it and I’ll have to re order when I get home. Hopefully kitty has enough food!

@justej

Chewy Customer service really help you out when and if they can.

Once, A local here in PA got their order stolen off their porch. Their neighbor was stopping buy to feed their dogs and was like "yea, no package here to feed them with." The person was very upset with Chewy thinks that they messed up... BUT. Their security camera got video of the bandit.

It was a hungry momma bear and her cubs.

Chewy doubled the order, sent them some extra goodies.

Now, the video of the bears did go viral, and Chewy used it for an ad or something but still. My old boss drove that package to those people himself. Granted it was only like a twenty minute drive from our warehouse and that video is funny.

WTH... Here is the video on YouTube.

Definitely ROFL!!!!🤣🤣 Bears are really smart and they never miss an opportunity for a free meal!!!! A 🐻bear can smell food up to 5 miles away. But something like that would make a really cool ad for the Chewy Co.!! Thank you for sharing that!!! That little guy doesn't know he's a celebrity!!!! Or can we make that a celeb-bear-ty????

Yeah, the only carrier that seems to do well these days is UPS and sometimes USPS.

I’m glad Northshore helped you with this, EJ.

@snow suprisingly enough had 2 packages come early via ups. USPS is another story. Here in dc we have mail carriers who have walked off the job and just dumped mail.

Liked the bear video! The Anchorage Daily News used to have a page just for "city bears", photos and video. The Anchorage Zoo was asked to have their bears test if a new type garbage can was really bear-proof. It was, but the video got lots of laughs. They didn't give it to the Brownies, only the Blackies.
I found a story in the Anchorage paper, not the video, unfortunately.
Do Postal employees get hazard pay in D.C.?

Live semi-rural within a mile of a salmon river, moose live here (hardly a week goes by without one in yard).
That means the bears hang around in early spring when they know the calves are being born. Then they travel through for the fishing. They ignore the Fish & Game regs, fish with multiple hooks too - 5 per paw.
Either way, you are seriously dumb to leave out garbage, or a bowl of pet food. Garbage bears know to associate porches, garages, and outdoor freezers with food. Those are the ones Fish & Game shoot, if they can. It's illegal for us to shoot a bear out-of-season, except to defend your life. You will probably be forgiven for saving your dog.
We have a "transfer site", a local place with dumpsters, to take garbage, instead of driving another 20 miles to town. The sign says "honk for bears". Yeah, right. We all figure that's a dinner bell for them. The dumpsters are supposed to be bear-proof - unless some numbskull leaves the door open.
Our rural PO Box got taken out by the snow plow about a year after we moved here. That was okay. We had gotten a PO Box at the Post Office (5 miles) due to a gang robbing boxes. Besides, when you get a package the size of the ones in that video, you have to go to the Post Office, anyway. They ought to put in an espresso stand - we all stand around and talk, read the community bulletin board, anyway, so why shouldn't the P.O. make a profit?
Some of us live right on the street, but there are some long driveways, and some very bad ones. Some people don't plow good. I'm glad we taxpayers don't have to pay the mail carriers to go down each one.
UPS will deliver to your porch if you add yourself to that list. We had gotten to know our driver, so we just told her. We have a porch with cover, keeps rain/snow off. So far, so good.
FED-EX is trickier, 30 miles. Getting to their office for pickup is a pain, especially due to short hours. We get very short knocks on door and they are gone.
In this time of Covid, we really limit our trips to town.
I'm not sure if a bear has ever gone after a non-food package, but they'll check out picnic coolers if you don't wash them out. They can even break into RVs.
Still, consider the cost of Northshore. Some neighbors have built a "bear-proof-weather-proof-container" on the porch for deliveries - of anything. Keeps the delivery out of the public eye, too.
P.S. They got the gang robbing mail boxes, about 12-13 year ago. They are all out of jail, now. (Well, some are back in.) I heard that the people who lost Social Security checks got replacements.