Not happy with Northshore.

And they ask us not to "hoard"!
My "powder" company will only ship 3 bottles at a time so nobody gets left out. Their supplies aren't arriving, either, but I got the last 3 in timely fashion, about 3 month ago. But bottles last about 2 months. Thanks for reminding me - I'll order NOW.
Maybe you could ship to yourself, next time?
This gets ridiculous.

Hi EJ, I'm sorry we're running into these roadblocks but right now the only thing I can think of is to have North Shore fly a packet to you, at least enough to last you until the shipment comes on Friday. The only thing is it'll be more costly but North Shore may be able to work something out.
Frankly I'm surprised there are no medical supply stores on the island being that it has quite a few permanent residents. The only other places would be Nantucket (which I think has even more permanent residents or on the Cape like Hyannis or Falmouth.

@billliveshere yea I can pack a couple in my bag and I may be forced to check a medical supply bag or something. I just can’t afford to buy more diapers. If I had a pack of crinklz or something overnighted I could get away with those for a couple days. As much as I don’t want to wear printed diapers around my family I could make them work. Trying not to freak out!

All’s well that ends well. Just got a call from Ashley at Northshore. They are going to request that my original order be shipped back and they will overnight what I ordered to Martha’s Vineyard. *whew*. FedEx don’t screw this up!

If it's going to be overnighted then that is a huge help!!! And if they can get it on the way before the long holiday weekend begins then so much the better!!!! And if FedEx says they're overnighting it then it's time to hold them to it!!! And they should be waiting for you as soon as you get on Martha's Vineyard!!!! It sounds like North Shore will do all it can!

@billliveshere yea they are being a huge help. Hopefully FedEx comes through on their end. I’ll pack a couple diapers in my suitcase just in case.

@AlasSouth I shipped it to the island because I couldn’t fit it in my bag. I’ll have my carryon with my supply of diapers for the day I’m traveling, my suitcase (which will have my cpap in it) and my cane. Can’t fit that, my clothes and 2 packs of diapers along with supplies for my prosthetic. I’m not mobile enough to carry another bag. I shipped it there so we could just pick it up on arrival and be set for the week.

@justej

This is totally a FEDEX thing. I just got my stuff yesterday From LLmedico after ordering on 8/26. FedEx had the order and delayed shipping it for days. Luckily for me, I had extra stuff or I would have been in trouble.

One day soon FEDEX and UPS will get their stuff together. Because most of us are FEDUP with their crappy service.

I also have been having trouble ordering diapers. Well, no problems ORDERING, it's the delivery that's been delayed. (Not Northshore, two other companies that I order from..) There is a delivery/shipping/trucking problem all over the U.S. and in many other countries too.

In my case, I didn't need the diapers quickly, so the delays were annoying, but not a critical issue.
I'm actually ordering more diapers to stock up, since all indications are that inflation will get MUCH worse before things get better.

Okay, Here me out on this. I have known for a while that a lot of the products that we use are drop shipped. 'I mean what are the odds that all the places ship from the same zip code for some products.

So here is my though. Why is it that they all use crappy shippers like FedEx and Ups? Also why are the products not labeled as medical supplies so they get priority shipping?

Why is there not a shipper that just deals with incontinences stuff?

Lastly, Why is it that we still can not just walk into Walmart, Target, CVS or any other store and get stuff we need?

That is something I want to change so bad. When I still lived in Florida I got a some what local medical supply store to start caring Abena, and Dry24/7. All I had to due was ask and show then the some sales here online. Now they are some of their top sellers.

It can be done. One step to do for your local medical supply shop is to get them vendor brochures like I did for the store in Florida. I actually got them all the information to become a vendor right after I got back to Florida from school so. Again, it can be done.

Glad to hear things are working out. My feelings are Northshore is a really good company. Especially in this horrible business climate.
Also I do feel sorry many times even thou in my younger days I worked hard and late into the evening. But these delivery drivers around here work so hard, I see them drive up at 9pm at night. And its 20 below at those times in the year, or 90 above.
And the problems I have had were mostly poor packaging in regards to the shipper. Sure I have had one of the carriers that gave me issues.

@Boomersway

Please understand. I in no way blame the drivers. My cousin works for the post office and told me that shipping times suck right now.

There are not enough workers at the shipping center. There are places all around where I live that are offering huge sign on bonuses for workers at shipping centers.

Yes, in this case, the staffing and truck shortage is not FedEx or UPS fault. There are millions of workers that have not returned to t he workforce yet after pandemic so just about every company is behind because there are not enough people to do the job on time. FedEx is really investing heavily in automation and new equipment and pays top of market salaries and benefits and still can't keep up. There package volume is still higher than Christmas levels since pandemic moved many more people to order online and yet they are short thousands of workers who are sick or refuse to come to work. It's a tough situation for all. Key point is order at least an extra week early. I doubt it will get better before holidays this year which will only make the delays worse.

@NorthShoreAdam

Before I ended up on disability in August of last year where I was working (Chewy.com Pet product Wearhouse) Gave anyone that felt that they were at risk options/ways to stay home. They paid people who were "Out sick" without making them prove they had Covid in the beginning. A lot of people took advantage of the system at the start. Once testing became more available it did not stop those from taking advantage. "O my girlfriend got it," ECT.. A lot of it was young kids using the system to their advantage and again they were still getting paid. Once that system ran out, a lot of the kids never stuck around or were fired for not coming in. It really sucked.

Then when covid hit the warehouse they had to shut down putting us behind. They had to do all the stuff to keep us safe they even made families move to different shifts to "distance themselves." One family was out for two months because they all worked for Chewy.com and once one got it they keep passing it around.

A lot of people left over it. In my area, there are listings for sign-on bonuses of $1500 for fast-food work. Not just warehousing.

Now that the vaccine is here I would think that people would go back to work but there is still stuff from the government keeping them out. Some of the people that I use to work with were making better money not working than they were working.

Heck, If I was able I would be back tomorrow but I cannot do it due to what is going on with me now.

Yes, there are many reasons why every company can't find workers right now. If you read the news you will see that all the big companies are trying to hire tens of thousands of workers. FedEx and UPS are no exception. We all need to prepare for things to take much longer than they used to. Most companies are sparing no expense to try and hire more workers...but you can't pay ghosts to do the work when nobody else applies. Over time, many of these jobs will get automated much faster than they would have since people are not filling these positions at this time. We just added a brand new robot at NorthShore to help unload all our containers from overseas. It takes the place of 5 people...yet nobody was let go...we couldn't find people willing to do this job and our other staff was killing themselves with overtime and physical labor to try and keep up. Now the robot will have this job forever. Companies must adapt quickly to survive.

@NorthShoreAdam wow a robot 🤖! Neat. I used to feel like having automated machines were a bad thing as it’s taking jobs people need. But these days what do people want the company to do? People want the products but no one is willing to help get them there. And the ones who are willing are working themselves to death. So what else is a company supposed to do? Automation makes the most sense.

Anyway all is well with my order. It arrived on the island today and will be there for 5 business days. I’m pretty sure they aren’t open on the weekends and then there is the holiday on Monday so we will pick it up on Tuesday. Thanks Adam. I owe ya.

Glad to hear you are all set now. Happy travels!

We have updated our website and training to advise customers that ground packages could now be 2 to 7 days delayed. Hopefully it's only temporary.

That’s smart Adam. Now no one else will be surprised. It’s interesting I ordered litter and food for my cat from chewy and it’s only going to take a day. Maybe because they are in Pennsylvania and I’m in DC so it’s not going far. And my Northshore order was going to an island. Both were FedEx. It’s interesting the way things work nonetheless. I agree hopefully it clears up soon.