Not happy with Northshore.

Archives1

Staff member
I placed my order yesterday. They told me it would definitely be there by the time I arrived on Tuesday. Now FedEx is saying my order won’t be there until THURSDAY. I don’t know what I’m going to do. I’m so upset.

Very sorry about this. FedEx, and all carriers, are experiencing record levels of delays from many factors including labor shortages from sick employees, difficulty getting parts for their sorting centers and weather delays affecting the whole country.

In general, it has gotten very bad the last week or two and may take another month or two to stabilize again. I suggest giving an extra week of lead time just to be safe.

If you contact customer service, we can waive shipping on sending an extra bag or two via 1-day or 2-day air if needed.

Adam - the problem is I don’t have enough room in my bag to be carrying extra diapers. If I ordered more I would have to bring them back plus the ones I ordered. I also don’t have the money to be buying more. My parents had to buy the ones I bought as it is.

If there is anything we can do to help, please let us know. Unfortunately, we can ship it right away but we must rely on someone else to make the delivery. The whole world is backlogged weeks on everything right now unfortunately. Best route is to reach out to our customer service team with any proposed solution and we'll do our best to accommodate. The last thing we want is you or anyone running out of supplies.

Shipping to a FedEx location helps with privacy and perhaps convenience, but the package must still go through many drivers and sorting centers to get from here to there. There are delays at every step due to major shortages in parts and labor in addition to major weather issues impacting location and reliability of trucks, etc... FedEx is sparing no expense to try and find additional planes, trucks and drivers...but so is the whole world all at the same time and everyone is really struggling to find what they need right now. Delta variant, fires and hurricanes overwhelmed a system already struggling to recover from pandemic disruption of last year.

It’s just frustrating because had I been told last week when I called to plan this out I would have placed my order then. I understand that there are circumstances out of your control. I have limited space in my bag and I did the FedEx location because of that. I am disabled and cannot carry extra bags of diapers with me. I’m carrying one with a days worth of stuff so I can travel. I’m just going to have to figure out how to pack extras out of my personal stash which is going to make me short this month. Then on the way back I’ll have to figure out how to make almost 2 full packs of diapers fit in my bag plus my clothes.

We'll certainly review with our team to make sure we are giving the most updated info to our customers.

Your package also just shipped yesterday and FedEx is massively backed up here in Illinois. It is possible that when the package moves a little further along, the delivery date will be updated, hopefully to arrive on time.

EJ without a dought you have a very very good complaint, but It needs to be directed at FEDEX not Northshore, For the most part Northshore hasn't any control after your order is picked up it's now in the carriers hands. Please don't think I am minimizing your situation, It's a lagitament complaint just miss dircted. I have complained about FEDEX many times but they are still way better then UPS. I order from Northshore every month and live in the West, the times my shipments are hung up in transport just drives me crazy. So I do know what your going through.

We'll make sure our CS team better understands how urgent the package needs to arrive by a certain date to better suggest expediting the shipment when it's tight. Complaining to FedEx will not help either. They are spending billions to try and keep up. There are just not enough trucks, planes and drivers available to move the volume of packages right now at any price.

@NorthShoreAdam I apologize for being upset and frustrated. I checked my tracking after I had dealt with my medication that I needed not being delivered today and it was just like “seriously?!?!?” It’s been one of those days. I’m also not feeling well. So I’m sorry.

I’m relying on my back stock of diapers to get me through this month as it is and it just makes me panic to know that I may run short. I can’t afford to spend more money this month.

You have nothing to apologize for. We greatly value your feedback which will help us try to stop this miscommunication from happening to others in the future. The world is changing so fast every day and your feedback is how we find out when things are getting of track. The world can be very frustrating these days and you are an inspiration to me and our team for how you have persisted through your medical challenges.

Thank you. I do want to say the person who helped me out yesterday was extremely polite and helpful. While the date did not work out the experience was pleasant. I will definitely continue my business with Northshore as they are the only products that I can trust. And even though this time I had issues I didn’t think once to go elsewhere. You have always provided great service and products and I am forever grateful for Northshore. I’ll figure this out and will still have a great vacation. 😀

@NorthShoreAdam thanks! I may need some supremes in a couple weeks. If all else fails I’ll put it on my credit card.

It seems like North Shore really went above and beyond in helping out and they don't make companies like that much any more these days!! So North Shore is definitely a keeper!
Another thing to remember is that Martha's Vineyard is an island with vehicular ferries from two places on Cape Cod, Woods Hole and Hyannis. There may be other places on the mainland but they may not be vehicular ferries. And because of that shipping can be a problem. In fact, people visiting either MV or Nantucket are encouraged not to bring their cars if at all possible (and just use local transportation) because the ferry service is so popular in the summer. But FedEX and UPS trucks may be given some priority space on the ferries. And with just two bridges going over the Cape Cod Canal connecting the cape with the rest of Massachusetts, the traffic jams, especially in summer, are enormous!!
Here's another idea: if there is a gap between your delivery on MV and when you run out of whatever you can bring from home, I'm sure there may be at least one medical supply store on the island. And they may be able to provide something to tide you over until your delivery arrives. There are still a lot of permanent residents there so when there is severe weather and ferries and planes aren't running, the people still need medical supplies so there must be such a place there. I guess you can find out if you Google "medical supplies Martha's Vineyard" and email them or contact them when you get there. I hope this helps and that everything arrives on time, or "seamless" as they like to say!

Hi bill. Unfortunately I cannot use diapers from medical supply places. They are not absorbant enough. There are also no medical supply stores on the island. My dad checked when trying to find somewhere to rent a wheelchair for me if I ended up needing one.

@NorthShoreAdam I called customer service and she said they couldn’t do anything for me. What can I do? This is halfway through my vacation that I’ll be without anything