How do you handle no urge/signal?

@AlasSouth I love your humor! And yes, I have listened to Utah Phillips because you recommended him to me sometime in the past three years :)

Your stories make me glad I didn’t move up there, though some day I may still do so. There isn’t enough snow for me in the continental US. I can’t stand temps over 70’F. I’d prefer to find a strong guy to join me before I go.

While we’re on the topic of not having political language in our posts, I’d also like to suggest that religious material be withheld from now on. Some of us are atheists or in religions that don’t say god’s name out loud, etc. Prayers and saviors shouldn’t be mentioned because such language offends some of us. Christians tend to assume every one is a Christian. But we’re not. We have members from all over the world with all sorts of religions. Trips to heaven shouldn’t be talked about in an incontinence forum. If you want to talk religion, go to your church’s community online chat area instead. I don’t really want to know what your religious beliefs are, and I don’t talk about mine.

snow said:
While we’re on the topic of not having political language in our posts, I’d also like to suggest that religious material be withheld from now on. Some of us are atheists or in religions that don’t say god’s name out loud, etc. Prayers and saviors shouldn’t be mentioned because such language offends some of us. Christians tend to assume every one is a Christian. But we’re not. We have members from all over the world with all sorts of religions. Trips to heaven shouldn’t be talked about in an incontinence forum. If you want to talk religion, go to your church’s community online chat area instead. I don’t really want to know what your religious beliefs are, and I don’t talk about mine.

@snow Wouldn't it be better to put this into like a suggestions topic.....?:|

I don’t usually start new threads. I think I’ve only created them three times in the past 3-4 years.

The NAFC needs to detail specific things that can and can’t be talked about on the forum.

Even though the topics in this thread diverged from your original topic, that is typically what happens in longer threads. That flexibility is what helps us bond together as a community while we get to know one another.

I am taking a break from this forum for awhile. Everyone can feel free to message me but it will be a time before I post again. Thanks.

I agree here!!! I think it would be good for NAFC to just set some guidelines as to what we can and can't talk about here. I think it goes without saying that political stuff is not OK (yes, I freely admit I have been guilty of that at times and need to watch it!) and also religion is something that many people (myself included) prefer to keep private unless that comes up in a more intimate setting between two people who have grown to trust one another. And there are probably other things that the NAFC would prefer that we don't talk about as well and it would be good to know what those are. Certainly asking other members for any kind of monetary contribution for commercial purposes should be verboten as well!
And Snow, you're right, diverging from original topics can and does happen in the longer threads but it is good in that it does help us gain a sense of community as we get to know one another. We are all people worth knowing and it's good to have a place where others get to know what makes each one of us a unique person through out experiences, whether happy ones or not, and likes and dislikes and everyone's eagerness to help someone else. We are all real, live, three-dimensional people, not just a user name with a condition shared by everyone here. We do have our lives and all of the facets that make us truly unique and we can say we're happy to know you and to learn what you think.