Best pullup brands

Archives1

Staff member
I’m 15 years old and I’m interested in switching from the teenage goodnites pull-ups to some for adults.

I weigh about 115 pounds, what are y’all’s recommendations?

I have had good experiance with livdrry overnights (daytime use under clothes and stuff) it’s discreet and good for a few hours but generally depending how bad your leakage is you may want to consider fitted briefs (tape on diapers) as generally they hold more and leak less.

Clayton:

My experience has been with NorthShorecare GoSupreme. I have referred to them a lot in some recent threads. Perhaps most helpful for you would be their phone staff. Very kind and knowledgeable. They will help get level of protection and sizing correct. They also have a lot of variety of products and you can get samples. Extremely quick delivery which you can track online.

@Claytonp I find that Depend Night Defense (also made for men) do just fine. I get a leak once in a while but that’s what bedpads under your sheets are for. You can buy them at any big box or grocery store like Walmart or Target. They have a plastic back but it’s not noisy. They’re not bulky. They’re the most affordable overnight pull-up out there (about $0.79-$0.99 each). A lot of people here drink too many fluids then wonder why they need the strongest possible diaper at night. I try not to drink after 6:00 p.m. (that includes soup, yogurt, and ice cream, too - anything that’s liquid) so I have a lot less volume at night to leak.

5592534d563926fe17b3ffa4d3588521.jpg

I normally don’t have any leakage. My grandma hasn’t been letting me drink anything past 8 PM. So nights that I do have an accident it’s usually pretty good at not getting out of the pull-up. I’m just nervous of switching brands since I’ve been using goodnites for probably the last six or eight years.

I’m gonna talk to my grandma today I know she’s going to the store and see if she would buy me some. She’s mentioned in the past that she gets some type of adult pull-ups for free through her insurance and says I could wear those. But I don’t know if those would fit me, or if I should even try and wear them.

Does she still have a partial bag to try for size? Also look and see where the absorbent padding ends. It would be better if it rides up more in the back. Depends do not do that, which could cause leaks if you sleep on your back. Any pull-up that has the leak guards between the legs would also help. Note that the female versions have the padding situated differently.

Yep, the female pads go all the way up the front and all the way up the back. Maybe the men who constantly complain about the Depend product should try wearing the women’s versions.

@Claytonp The kind of diapers that are typically prescribed then provided through insurance companies are usually the very worst kind that leak the most. They’re often a pure white, ugly brand, called Tena, which are the worst diapers in the United States. In other countries, Tena seems to be a very good brand but here it’s not.

If Goodnites don’t leak for you, I don’t think Depend will leak for you. Maybe since you’re so slim, you should have your mom get you a women’s extra-small to try, and also a men’s small (or extra-small to see if they work). That way you can see which one fits better and doesn’t leak. There are some really skinny adult males who have been on this website who insist that Goodnites are the best diapers ever made, with the best absorbency. I don’t know because they wouldn’t fit me.

You’ve done the right thing by coming to this website and it shows a lot of maturity on your part. You can have friends for life here. You can definitely get tons of diaper/pull-up advice.

I think the gray color of the men’s Depend pull-ups is very attractive for men, much better than white or diapers with cartoons.

Guess what? Since your grandma can get diapers prescribed and get them for free through her insurance company, so can you! Have your mom look into that! Everybody with an insurance company can usually get their diapers for free if they want through the insurance company, they’re just not very good diapers usually.

As you get older, if you do start experiencing leaks with any kind of diaper, they also sell pads that you can insert into the diaper - kind of like a woman’s menstrual pad but made for men if you’ve ever seen one - it’s sticky on the back so you stick it into the diaper and so then you can have two layers of absorbent material in one diaper. At some point in your life, you will probably want to drink past 8:00 p.m. Another thing to be aware of is that caffeine, particularly coffee and tea, and alcohol will really make you have to pee more often. So unfortunately, if you have alcohol benders in your college years and get wasted, you’ll want to wear a full diaper with two pads in it. Then you can also set yourself alarms to wake up to and change your diaper every couple of hours. It doesn’t mean you can’t drink alcohol; it just means you have to plan for it when you do. Most, but not all, of us give up on coffee and alcohol when we become incontinent.

If you’re concerned that girls won’t date you because you wear a pull-up to bed,I don’t think you really have to worry about that because most girls are patient, kind, and understanding. It’s the men who are not because they want women to wear panties. But women don’t care what men are wearing to bed so I think as long as you explain your medical situation, you’ll be fine. You may have a couple of mean girls in your life, but most of us are kind about that kind of thing.

@Claytonp I don’t know if anybody has told you this or not but most of the primary diaper companies that you can find online will also carry a pull-up product and will send you free samples so you can try them out. Some cost a dollar and some cost $3.25 each. Just google “diaper wholesaler” and you’ll find those companies. I hear Northshore is really good.

Another bit of wisdom I can pass along to you is that whenever any of us go to the hospital, we get really poor quality, badly-fitting diapers, so if you ever know you need to stay overnight in the hospital for some reason, take your own diapers/pull-ups. One time I went in for surgery and the hospital didn’t even have any diapers! And the only ones they would let me use is if they came from a brand new, sterile package. They wouldn’t let me wear like the two diapers I needed for that day that I had brought in. They just wanted me to pee all over the bed!

Another thing to be careful about is TSA at the airport. If you’re wearing a diaper, and they have you go through the scanning machine, they’ll take you into a separate room and make you strip all the way down and turn around in front of them. So if you can hold it in, never go through TSA wearing a diaper. They can harass you so much that you miss your flight. They love any chance to be cruel to someone.

If you ever need any advice about creams for diaper rash, use the magnifying glass/search function here to look for “barrier cream.” Be sure to look for posts going back forever, not just the past month.

There are also a lot of posts about bed pads. Some of us use disposable ones and some of us use a washable kind.

Hope this helps!

@Claytonp I volunteer at a food bank and we stock diapers, Goodnites, and Depend. We don’t always have every size available. But when you go to a food bank, there are no questions asked, you don’t have to prove that you’re poor or anything. You can just get what you need to get. So maybe your mom or grandma could take you to one of those.

I’ve also been told that you can sometimes find diapers/pull-ups at thrift/secondhand clothing shops because sometimes people donate stuff there that they don’t need anymore. I’ve personally never found any at a thrift store but lots of people say they have.

When you do go to buy your own pull-ups at the store at some point in your future life, if you feel embarrassed, just don’t say anything to the grocery clerk - Believe me, they’ve seen it all before - or else if you’re going to say something, you can just say that you’re getting them for your grandma! Also, you can just go right to the pharmacy to purchase them instead of having to go through a grocery clerk if you want. Sometimes that’s a more discreet option.

DWLCPAJD said:
Does she still have a partial bag to try for size? Also look and see where the absorbent padding ends. It would be better if it rides up more in the back. Depends do not do that, which could cause leaks if you sleep on your back. Any pull-up that has the leak guards between the legs would also help. Note that the female versions have the padding situated differently.

I just checked. They are an XL. Do you they those are too big! I tried one on and they are pretty baggy.

Shoot. Will not work. You will get leaks down your sides. You need a good fit around your legs, but not so tight that it is uncomfortable. If you are going with store bought then check your waist size before going to store. Note that there are typically small, medium, large and extra large. And they will have waist measurements that hopefully will fall in the middle of one of the sizes. Note that medium for one brand may be a different fit from another brand.

snow said:
Yep, the female pads go all the way up the front and all the way up the back. Maybe the men who constantly complain about the Depend product should try wearing the women’s versions.

@Claytonp The kind of diapers that are typically prescribed then provided through insurance companies are usually the very worst kind that leak the most. They’re often a pure white, ugly brand, called Tena, which are the worst diapers in the United States. In other countries, Tena seems to be a very good brand but here it’s not.

If Goodnites don’t leak for you, I don’t think Depend will leak for you. Maybe since you’re so slim, you should have your mom get you a women’s extra-small to try, and also a men’s small (or extra-small to see if they work). That way you can see which one fits better and doesn’t leak. There are some really skinny adult males who have been on this website who insist that Goodnites are the best diapers ever made, with the best absorbency. I don’t know because they wouldn’t fit me.

You’ve done the right thing by coming to this website and it shows a lot of maturity on your part. You can have friends for life here. You can definitely get tons of diaper/pull-up advice.

I think the gray color of the men’s Depend pull-ups is very attractive for men, much better than white or diapers with cartoons.

Guess what? Since your grandma can get diapers prescribed and get them for free through her insurance company, so can you! Have your mom look into that! Everybody with an insurance company can usually get their diapers for free if they want through the insurance company, they’re just not very good diapers usually.

As you get older, if you do start experiencing leaks with any kind of diaper, they also sell pads that you can insert into the diaper - kind of like a woman’s menstrual pad but made for men if you’ve ever seen one - it’s sticky on the back so you stick it into the diaper and so then you can have two layers of absorbent material in one diaper. At some point in your life, you will probably want to drink past 8:00 p.m. Another thing to be aware of is that caffeine, particularly coffee and tea, and alcohol will really make you have to pee more often. So unfortunately, if you have alcohol benders in your college years and get wasted, you’ll want to wear a full diaper with two pads in it. Then you can also set yourself alarms to wake up to and change your diaper every couple of hours. It doesn’t mean you can’t drink alcohol; it just means you have to plan for it when you do. Most, but not all, of us give up on coffee and alcohol when we become incontinent.

If you’re concerned that girls won’t date you because you wear a pull-up to bed,I don’t think you really have to worry about that because most girls are patient, kind, and understanding. It’s the men who are not because they want women to wear panties. But women don’t care what men are wearing to bed so I think as long as you explain your medical situation, you’ll be fine. You may have a couple of mean girls in your life, but most of us are kind about that kind of thing.

That’s what I’m concerned about. The goodnites have worked for me for a long time, so I’m hesitant to switch it up, but at the same time too, I feel like I wanna wear some better met for adults. Before my mom went in the hospital I had said something to her about it, and she was gonna get me some Different brands to try out, but that’s on hold.

Part of me really likes the goodnites though. I probably been wearing them for at least seven or eight years. My mom was the one talking to me about trying to switch up brands, because she said all the writing, and pictures on the outside were kinda babyish, and with me at the age, I could date a girl she wanted me to have something For an adult male. I feel like it’s a comfort thing in. I’ve had him for so many years. I really do love them but I have to grow up a little little bit I guess.

My mom doesn’t have insurance anymore. I know she did a while back, but she hasn’t had it for a year or two. She’s kind of in between jobs.

My little sisters have accidents sometimes too. Not as much as I do thankfully, I know that my mom has gotten one of my sisters, the tape up side pull-ups? And she’s tried to get me to try them before, but they are too girly. I really don’t like them. I know that even the good nights that my sisters wear, my mom said would work for me, but they’re not really big enough and I don’t really want all the girl and stuff on there.

DWLCPAJD said:
Shoot. Will not work. You will get leaks down your sides. You need a good fit around your legs, but not so tight that it is uncomfortable. If you are going with store bought then check your waist size before going to store. Note that there are typically small, medium, large and extra large. And they will have waist measurements that hopefully will fall in the middle of one of the sizes. Note that medium for one brand may be a different fit from another brand.

I know this kind of sounds dumb, but how do I check my waist size? I wear size 14 in pants for boys in the waist does that mean I’m 14 inches?

24 is an erroneous size measurement. 26 would translate to XXS. Take a string and wrap around your waist and note where the string meets. Then measure the string with a ruler. Some sites will go by hip rather than waist. At your age they should be similar.

@Claytonp Women’s pull-ups and diapers are available in size extra small. Because you’re quite slim, I don’t think a men’s small will fit you so I was saying if it doesn’t fit you, you might want to try a woman’s extra small.

Claytonp said:
@DWLCPAJD
snow said:
@DWLCPAJD @Claytonp In women’s sizes, extra small is also available.

I’m 25 inch waist. Woman’s what is available in extra small?

I would suggest, as has been mentioned by others, calling a company like northshore. There are products for men and unisex that are available in many sizes.

@snow so my sisters wear the same goodnites as I do, but for girls. And my mom has also bought them the extra small Always discreet boutique pull-ups. I don’t know if you think those would fit me or not. I could probably try one on when I get home, they are just super girly looking. And I also don’t want my sisters knowing I’m wearing the same pull-ups that they are.

@Newbie2this I sent Northshore an email, hopefully they get back with me. I found a brand that Amazon puts out. I’m not sure if they’re any good. They are called “ Amazon, basics women’s protective underwear” and they fit the small ones anyway go from a 20 inch waist to 30 inch