Weekend fun....Yes FUN...what are you doing to have fun this weekend?

DPCARE said:
@Jaytee they take Oktoberfest pretty seriously in La Crosse and it's a three hour parade so finding a restroom could be a challenge

f2503b498bb7151c88e6d2b5ca58cc34.jpg

@DPCARE Wow you guys go crazy over it. I bet you are right with all those people and I suspect beer being consumed in honor of the occasion that restroom would be a premium. Might even be a challenge for those without incontinence issues to say dry 🤣.

@jrpoorman on the west end of town is the Mississippi River on the East end is Grandad Bluff whis is about 600 feet up

c6b752877b619526bc00916624cc8bd0.jpg
ada8643d8a7060033d85eec0977fbfcd.jpg
594866657546e4272713162e518df942.jpg

yes exactly

Jaytee said:
DPCARE said:
@Jaytee they take Oktoberfest pretty seriously in La Crosse and it's a three hour parade so finding a restroom could be a challenge

f2503b498bb7151c88e6d2b5ca58cc34.jpg

@DPCARE Wow you guys go crazy over it. I bet you are right with all those people and I suspect beer being consumed in honor of the occasion that restroom would be a premium. Might even be a challenge for those without incontinence issues to say dry 🤣.

@jrpoorman Good job on the 20. Keep at it for the rest that you want to loose. Painful knees cannot be fun. Probably would want a sit on top so that your legs are not cramped in a cockpit. Mine is a sit in touring kayak 17 ft long with hatches for supplies if going on an expedition.

there are many names for this area they call it the Coulee Region they also call it the driftless region as the area was not affected by glaciers

jrpoorman said:
There are some amazing places and parks I know. Really just need to do it. Right now it’s only 80 so that’s 👌 perfect

Hopefully get outside and do yard work. Haven't cut grass in over 3 weeks. Spent nearly a week in the hospital with a staph/sepsis infection. On the road to recovery. Wore diapers in hospital 24/7. No questions asked except if I needed changing.

I hope you get to outside as well being in the hospital sucks

artiejr said:
Hopefully get outside and do yard work. Haven't cut grass in over 3 weeks. Spent nearly a week in the hospital with a staph/sepsis infection. On the road to recovery. Wore diapers in hospital 24/7. No questions asked except if I needed changing.

CONGRATULATIONS on losing 20 lbs I know how hard weight loss can be I had bariatric surgery back in November and thus far have lost 125 lbs I hope your weight loss journey continues and things go well for you

jrpoorman said:
Love the octoberfest pics and the other ones. I was going to buy a kayak a couple years ago but when they changed my diabetes medicine I gain 50 lbs in a few months. I have gotten rid of about 20 and still working on the rest. To many prescriptions and need two new knees. Makes walking really painful but I do it with only ibuprofen. So that’s a plus
f02ff181f0eb10a4732cf226dee7471b.jpg

I plan to put some stain/wood protector on my balcony, may take myself someplace to eat, may go see the movie “IT” The weekends are usually just ordinary work days but I’m about to burn out on work.

@artiejr

Even it is yard work bet it will be good to get out after being in the hospital. Happy you are home. Have a great weekend and have fun.

@Ruhappy Def find some time to do something fun. Not sure I'd call the movie IT fun 🤡, least not for me. I hate horror movies and I know that it is such a ridiculous thing to do. But they are scary to me. I think it has something to do with me seeing the first Friday the 13th at a too young of an age. Literally scared the pee out of me. 😫

artiejr said:
Hi Artie,
Welcome back to life for sure. Thought this kidney / uti was going to put me in the hospital for a couple days. Still have back pain a little but have been on levequin and now cipro. Church is having our fall fest but may not be quite as awesome as David’s (no beer). I think we should get NAFC to organize an annual informal getaway the same days as that giant party. What do you think?
Glad you are doing better my new friend.
Don’t overdue it with the house stuff.
Kind regards,
Jim in Maryland

DPCARE said:
CONGRATULATIONS on losing 20 lbs I know how hard weight loss can be I had bariatric surgery back in November and thus far have lost 125 lbs I hope your weight loss journey continues and things go well for you

jrpoorman said:
Love the octoberfest pics and the other ones. I was going to buy a kayak a couple years ago but when they changed my diabetes medicine I gain 50 lbs in a few months. I have gotten rid of about 20 and still working on the rest. To many prescriptions and need two new knees. Makes walking really painful but I do it with only ibuprofen. So that’s a plus
f02ff181f0eb10a4732cf226dee7471b.jpg

Awesome!!!

Ruhappy said:
I plan to put some stain/wood protector on my balcony, may take myself someplace to eat, may go see the movie “IT” The weekends are usually just ordinary work days but I’m about to burn out on work.

Stephen King is awesome although the last “it” still creeps me out a bit. So I chalk that up to a job well done on his part 👍😳👍
Hope your deck turns out nice. I’m a dry cleaner...have to run
Relax some today😉

im working on my resume. tired of being broke and need a remote it job!
and i may make a pizza for dinner tonight. thats something to look forward to?