Weekend fun....Yes FUN...what are you doing to have fun this weekend?

Archives1

Staff member
Fun stuff, something you love or passionate about, something different you haven’t tried yet, what is your plan to get into a little sunlight for an hour or more and enjoy life for a little bit?

Okay so tonight we are going to see one of the grandkids play in his school band at a football game...then tomorrow we are having a community harvest/fall festival that’s free to the community. I get to let all the little ones use a magnetic fishing pole to catch fish in a big barrel. Should be awesome

Well it's Oktoberfest fest this weekend here in La Crosse and the big Maple Leaf parade is tomorrow it is about a 3-hour parade and I will be watching with my dog Kole

ae8eb24b0a9202d9962d84c0f13485f9.jpg

Well not this weekend, but next week I am going kayaking. It will be awesome. I only wish it would be cooler like fall is suppose to be. Florida is has not got the memo that it is fall yet apparently. But not matter it will be a great day on the water enjoying nature=.

J

@jrpoorman Now that sounds fun. Friday night HS football and a town festival on the weekend. Classic fall time fun.

@DPCARE Dang 3hour parade. That is one long parade. Have a great time.

@Jaytee that is one of three parades last night they had the Torchlight parade this morning they had the parade for the tapping of the Golden Keg and tomorrow is the Maple Leaf parade all part of the Oktoberfest festivities Prost

and it is a good thing I have a good heavy absorbent diaper the Abena Abriform L4 I have a few booster pads so I will add a booster pand and will wear some plastic pants to help keep me protected during the parade

Love October parade stuff. The game should be fun and I am sure you guys are having a good time. Hope you and Kole have a great time.😊

I have on my bucket list. When I lose 37 more pounds I am going to try kayaking...probably going to make one funny video but I’ve always wanted to try it. Hope you have a blast.

@jrpoorman La Crosse, WI iS right on the Mississippi River if you look at a map and follow Interstate 90 where I-90 crosses the Mississippi is La Crosse home of the worlds largest 6-pack of beer at what used to be the G. Heileman Brewing Company which is now City Brewery home of La Crosse Lager and La Crosse is known as Oktoberfest USA

392851e0ca40a56050f53b437d1169e1.jpg
07a9fc2e7a0cffa493a78360f3608aa4.jpg
5470ca358109426cd189ae3ddf15e7ac.jpg
145d1e9d716eeb2b2d751ea6bb842bbd.gif

Love the Indians playing Lacrosse on the statue. I have the US Lacrosse Headquarters directly across the street from my office in Sparks, Maryland. Love watching them play. Fastest game on feet

Ironically I tried to play in school and I don’t do well with running. Is fun tossing the lacrosse ball around...don’t like chasing them though... my dog doesn’t either he just looks at me like you have lost your mind...lol.
Too funny

@DPCARE Wow three parades. You guys get serious about parades.

I didn't even think about a need for extra than normal protection. Sounds like you got it all covered and set to have an enjoyable time with no worries about accidents.

@jrpoorman Kayaking is so much fun. I'm sure you are ready now, no need to loose weight. In fact it might be a sport that helps you do that if that's what you want.

I think I'd prefer to kayak in WI or MD now though, cooler weather than here in FL. Still hitting 90's down here.

@Jaytee they take Oktoberfest pretty seriously in La Crosse and it's a three hour parade so finding a restroom could be a challenge

f2503b498bb7151c88e6d2b5ca58cc34.jpg

City is beautiful. We have a plant in Minnesota somewhere. I’m just leaving work here is the image from across the street from work
9d7641c2e2e18371f783e54b8dbbf789.jpg
44b53bd11d85bc530518feec20f1679c.jpg

Love the octoberfest pics and the other ones. I was going to buy a kayak a couple years ago but when they changed my diabetes medicine I gain 50 lbs in a few months. I have gotten rid of about 20 and still working on the rest. To many prescriptions and need two new knees. Makes walking really painful but I do it with only ibuprofen. So that’s a plus

There are some amazing places and parks I know. Really just need to do it. Right now it’s only 80 so that’s 👌 perfect