Urinary Tract Infections and adult bedwetting

Tom,
Because you are a fighter and still unhappy with your experiments so far, i'll repeat my earlier offer to greatly reduce or stop your leakage with our patent-pending device. Again, because our product is not for sale, i'll just send you a prototype at no cost to you for the feedback you may offer, as many others have. Being a user of our many iterations for five years or so, it hurts to see you and others suffer, when there is an easy solution...humbleness aside. Best wishes, Fynlee amhelp@comcast.net.

laalaauk said:
Hey Tom,

The ups and downs living with incontinence. We all go through it. I hope going back to your other diet will help you and hope the protection will be beneficial tonight. Wish you all the best.

Last night was the absolute BEST night that I have had during this entire period of 5 weeks when I have been having night time incontinence and bedwetting challenges.

I had absolutely zero incontinence or bedwetting all night long and I awakened naturally at 05:50am with a moderate urge to urinate and made it to the toilet without any unintentional voiding of any kind.
And then I was able to hold my bladder comfortably until 08:50am when I urinated again.

I am doing the Dr Berg ketogenic diet as best as I can and after only one day of being back on this ketogenic diet, this is the positive result and outcome that I got. I amnot saying that everyone should do a Dr Berg style keto diet or any other type of keto diet or low carb diet, I am simply sharing my experience incase other people are interested in doing their own research about this type of diet and lifestyle. It is still only one night of excellent results. The real test is going to be what happens consistently day in day out over the next 7 to 14 days as I stick to the diet diligently. It's definitely not easy doing intermittent fasting and only eating 2 large meals and one small snack per day, but I am going to continue and persist with it.

WOOHOOOO CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES C'MONN!!!
hahaha

Fynlee said:
Tom,
Because you are a fighter and still unhappy with your experiments so far, i'll repeat my earlier offer to greatly reduce or stop your leakage with our patent-pending device. Again, because our product is not for sale, i'll just send you a prototype at no cost to you for the feedback you may offer, as many others have. Being a user of our many iterations for five years or so, it hurts to see you and others suffer, when there is an easy solution...humbleness aside. Best wishes, Fynlee amhelp@comcast.net.

Hey Fynlee,
Thank you very much for reaching out again. I greatly appreciate your offer to help me.
I made some good progress last night with using the betterdry nappies and making some diet and lifestyle changes. I am going to continue with maintaining these changes for the next 1 to 2 weeks and assess the results.
If I am not satisfied with the results of my current products, I will send you an email for definite.
I live in London, UK. Can you ship your product to the UK, and if so, how much would I have to pay for shipping and the total cost of the product? Thanks.

@Tom_W Great to hear. Monitor this over the next week and tap back in to let us know how you are got on. Was the pad a good fit for you?

Tom,
I like good news; good luck with that. If and when you'd like to join our three dozen other volunteer testers, I will forward a prototype to you...no cost. Feedback is all we would ask as we build our performance data base for marketing purposes.

Regarding lifestyle issues, there's a couple of thoughts to consider that you may already be aware of. First, if you reduce fluid intake in the p.m., at least one doctor suggests you may start rehydrating just before bedtime. Theory being that when lying down, the body will more easily assimilate the fluid. And, to that end, if you sleep on your back as much as possible, gravity will help reduce intravesical pressures. The other little secret to share is that with our soft sleeve device (limited perimeter pressure) you'll be less apt to get up multiple times per night. The benefit: better sleep, of course, but also in challenging your bladder, which is otherwise not challenged, you can return it to its former capacity reducing intravesical pressures night...and day. Good luck to you. Fynlee amhelp@comcast.net

The Betterdry medium size is still too loose for me. But that is the smallest size that they produce for the Betterdry nappies.
I am a lean guy and my waist size is only 31 inches and therefore, in theory, the medium size should be the correct size for me but it still feels loose after some time of wearing it.
I need to wear the diapers for at least 2 to 4 nights, rather than just one night.
Because I have limited finances and I am unemployed.
And managing a bedwetting problem is proving to be financially costly due to the cost of day time underpants / pads, night time diapers, essential oils to reduce the urine odour in my bedroom etc.

The good news is that in the past 8 days, I have not had any severe bedwetting.
I have had 5 nights with zero bedwetting because the Betterdry nappy contained all of the urinary incontinence.
And I have had 3 nights of moderate bedwetting but even on these 3 nights, the amount of bedwetting was only 30 to 50% of the level it was 3 or 4 weeks ago.

My UTI test showed that I have two types of bacteria present in my urine at relatively low levels.
The first bacteria is Staphylococcus aureus, which is a type of staph bacteria. And this particular strain of staph does not generally cause UTI symptoms and therefore I am not too concerned about it. Also, many people have staph bacteria that live on their skin and other parts of their body and therefore this is not a big cause for concern.

The second bacteria is Enterococcus faecalis. Research and evidence has shown that this particular strain can and does cause UTI infections and therefore there is a chance that this low level bacteria UTI infection is causing some or the majority of my urinary and bladder issues and night time bedwetting.
However, the only available treatment for this type of infection is antibiotics and I generally avoid taking antibiotics whenever possible. And currently, I do not want to take antibiotics because there is a significant chance that the bacteria could beecome resistant to the antibiotics and then I will need a second or third course of different antibiotics.

Some additional medical tests showed that I have persistent and abnormally low serum sodium, and I have abnormally high serum cortisol in the morning.
This shows that my body is in a state of chronic and significant stress and my adrenal glands are working over time and producing chronically excessive amounts of cortisol.
The adrenal glands are also responsible for monitoring the level of sodium in the blood and body and there my adrenals are exhausted and not able to effectively maintain a healthy and normal serum sodium level.
Excessively high cortisol levels can definitely cause frequent urination, urge incontinence and night time urination.
Also, a low sodium level in the blood and body can cause more frequent urination, particularly at night time when a person is mostly asleep and unconscious.
Also , adequate sodium levels are necessary to produce sufficient amounts of Antidiuretic hormone (ADH) and therefore when sodium levels are low, the body may not be able to produce sufficient ADH in order to effectively concentrate the urine at night and prevent night time urination.

Therefore, in summary, my suspicions were correct.
I do have a low level UTI infection and I do have chronically excessive stress levels in my body.

I have gone through a very stressful time during the past few years and my life is still significantly stressful every day and week.

I have made some good progress with my diet and lifestyle changes.
And I am going to continue making some more changes to my diet and lifestyle and I think that these changes will be able to mostly eliminate the moderate level of urinary and bladder problems and night time bedwetting that I am having.
I am going to work on reducing or eliminating my life stressors as much as possible.

I will let you all know how things go for me with an update every 10 to 15 days.

Thank you to all of you for your continued support and suggestions.

Best regards,

Tome White.

graphicedge said:
Yeah, even one night's success is something to celebrste!

I definitely and absolutely agree with you.

The good news is that in the past 8 days, I have not had any severe bedwetting.
I have had 5 nights with zero bedwetting because the Betterdry nappy contained all of the urinary incontinence.
And I have had 3 nights of moderate bedwetting but even on these 3 nights, the amount of bedwetting was only 30 to 50% of the level it was 3 or 4 weeks ago.

So that is a success rate of 62.5%, which is quite good if I say so myself. haha.