Tired of the stigma

Yes, the ones that are making fun of it are really deep down terrified of it!. Me I'm nice and calm about it and really don't worry about it as I have been able to manage it and improve my quality of life without all the nasty side effects of those pills so I can be myself again. The stigma is self induced, dont let it take over you.

That really sums it up in a nutshell @LiveLifeJR! And it looks like you haven't caved into any pressure to take more and more pills etc. I say let the pharmaceutical companies make their money off of someone else, as long as you do what works for you.

It was suggested to me to try using medications to control my bedwetting. After much consideration, I chose not to use medications due to my medical history. I decided to handle it my way by using diapers and plastic pants. Much less cost and no side effects.

@artiejr, I think that was the wise thing to do. After all you know your own body much better than anyone else and know what it can and can't take. I agree that sticking to diapers and plastic pants does the job, is cheaper on the whole and definitely have no side effects to worry about. As I've said before, let big pharma makes its money off of someone else!

I don't broadcast either. Outside of some immediate family and one or two VERY close friends, nobody knows about my issues. Its strictly a need to know basis.

There have been two occasions in the past where I let people know, and those were both work related travel situations where I had to share accommodations. I don't work for that company anymore...so it doesn't bother me that those co-workers knew anything.