received bad news

I saw the doctor today and its been confirmed my ankle fusion failed. The ct scan shows no signs of fusion. Next is a bone stimulator machine that will hopefully rejuvenate my bones to get them to fuse but that could be a longshot. If that fails then I will have another surgery where he will put a rod, cage, and more bone grafts in. If that doesn't work we are looking at amputation. At this point I would rather go straight to the amputation. I've had 6 surgeries in 5 years. I'm tired.

I hope today finds you hopeful and happier than yesterday justej!! I’m sure the road will smooth out eventually but until then I hope you can get some good news sooner than later to help you feel better!! Life is full of twists and turns and all we can do is roll with the punches and just look for the silver lining. Best of luck to you!!

Sorry to hear your update. My husband was offered the same options, but decided to go with a below the knee amputation. The pain he was experiencing and the lack of certainity the other treatment methods would be successful led to his decision.
The amputation was hard on him mentally and physically. He got thru it. He probably would have fared better if he didn't need both knees replaced so he could walk with his prosthetic leg. But he has opted against knee replacement surgeries because of the serious infections he suffered in dealing with the ankle. So he is in a wheelchair, but actually does very well. He gets around as well as if he was walking.
If you did the amputation and got the prosthetic leg you would be in pretty good shape. Know it's an awful decision to face, but it's do-able.
Best of luck! Keep us posted!

Please lets remember that each individual is a unique private ecosystem and what applies to one person and their experience is not universal to all.
To each and all blessings but do not presume on anothers ecosystem.

Excuse me, but since your response is directed at my post I'd like to know the following:

1) Are you a moderator?
2) What the heck is a private ecosystem?

I much rather have the person I was responding to advise me if he found my posting to be presumptious or inconsiderate of his private struggle by trying to share a similar experience...

After all, isn't that the purpose of these message boards? To share our knowledge and experiences?

I am sorry to offend you. My point is, each human body is a unique one and the ways it eill respond and the personal choices we make within it are unique. To each his own suffering is the most pertinent.
Since this is way off the topic of incontinence his mine or yours it seems best to say, we all wish our mutual friend courage and health in this situation.