One day great and next day awful?

I have been better for a week or 2 at times. I think God has answered my prayers but than it starts again! I think the bladder must move around-went to dr and she said my bladder is falling.Sometimes if I lie down and prop ny legs up-I have less urgency for awhile. Just started biofeedback to strenghthen pelvic muscles. Don't like it but will try it for awhile. Let's all pray for each other-there is power in numbers!

I can relate to all these posted experiences. It's been over two years since my combined prostatectomy and diverticulotomy. I have days when I try and wear traditional boxer briefs, but afraid to venture to far from home. In all my reading prior to my surgery, I figured my incontinence would only be temporary with a small percentage with permanent incontinence. I had a history of poor bladder control before surgery, and my age of 72 years probably doesn't help. I guess I must be one of the chosen few with lifelong issues. AND, now I have a number of heart conditions. Someone told me once that "getting old is not for sissies." Someone also said that "we begin life in diapers, and often end up in diapers." I think they may be right.

Spaz said:
my shoes were making squish sounds from he pee that collected in them. 😂🤣

@Spaz I only wear diapers at night now ... but I remember that feeling from accidents when I was a kid. It's such a gross sound and feeling; the squelching.

@Boomersway @physlink I generally don't have continence issues during the day/while awake, but the other night caught me off guard. I was up really late, so my wife was already asleep, and I was peeing before I got ready for bed, and put my diaper on, and I was struck by unexpected stomach cramps. I'm trying to clench the back door shut tight, but I'm already standing at the toilet peeing, and the muscles don't operate totally independently, and next thing I know I'm crapping my boxer shorts with loose stool that came out of nowhere. Not a lot, but this isn't something i experienced ... like, at all. Last time this happened to me was years ago, and a had nora virus.

Now it's 2am, and I'm trying to clean out my shorts, finish in the toilet, clean up my backside, and the back of my legs. I've clogged the toilet. I'm washing my boxers in the tub. Plunging the toilet, washing my hands, because I'm sure I've got some on me. I've got no pants on now, so I'm Donald Ducking it, and my wife suddenly opens the door.

She wants to know what's going on, and why I'm running so much water. I'm embarrassed and in no mood to explain, so I tell her everything is fine, just go back to bed. Now she has to pee, because she's been listen to running water for the last 10 minutes. I just walk out the room, sans pants.

She comes and finds me in the kitchen 5 minutes later, and still wants to know why I'm shirt cocking at 2:30 in the morning, and why my boxer shorts are in the tub. Finally I just blurt out, "I was trying to pee, and there was a problem, and I shit my pants. I don't want to talk about it". She just said to come to bed when I was ready.

Terrible end to a long day.

I can totally relate. Sometimes I will go a whole couple weeks with no accidents. When I say no accidents, I don't mean no dribbles or damp panties from accidentally waiting too long, I mean no painful, sudden urges, pee sliding down my legs, soaked pants, puddles, couldn't hold it etc. Last year, I went 3 weeks with no major daytime wettings. But just as i start thinking its going away, my body reminds me that I'm not in charge. Yeah, I can go 2-3 weeks mostly accident free or I can have 2-3 "too late" episodes in a single day. This past August was especially bad. In one day, I literally wet my pants 4 times. High emotions and stress can trigger urges too, I've noticed. I'm finally learning to take note of things that trigger my body and wearing a pullup during those times when I'm anxious, very tired or stressed as I'm more likely to wet during those times. Hope that helps.