Most challenging part?

wishing i could turn off the faucet and quit peeing already.

second as it affects quality of life but not life threatening many docs diont take seriously. just wear briefs. just give this meds six months . . .

good question. thanks.

Some days it's worrying that someone will find out- (it has happened), other days it's that what I'm wearing will leak- that has happened too. I guess the biggest concern is that odor would be detectible- but thankfully, that hasn't happened- so far as I am aware. I am careful to clean up after an episode, and if the brief doesn't smell like stale urine, then I don't either. (I hope...) The single biggest fear is that a recurring dream I have, in which I find myself out in public wearing nothing over my protection, will come true. I know it won't, but when I dream, I don't know it's not real.

I'm not going to complain about anything. I remember before surgery when it would take me 10 minutes to empty my bladder or even start to per. I'll take wearing a diaper over that any day.

Firstly, being patient while recovery potentially takes place. Secondly, concern in case the anticipated recovery does not arrive as expected. Thirdly, learning how to manage the problem on a day to day basis, particularly when not at home.

The first day I went back to work a month after surgery I ditched the depends and just used a pad in my underwear. Big mistake, a few miles from the job site I felt dampness on my crotch, so I pulled into a Walmart parking lot and when I exited the car my entire crotch was soaking. Thank God Walmart was open, I ran inside bought a pack of Depends, Pads, boxers and blue jeans. I checked myself out at the self checkout lane all while pretending I spilled coffee in my lap. I went into the restroom cleaned myself up and changed into my pads, Depends, Boxers and new pair of jeans. Since that incident that’s pretty much how I dress.
I keep a set of everything in my car, but the only thing I change are the pads, sometimes 3 or 4 while at work.

If you go on a cruise bring twice as much pads and Depends you think you’re going to need, I ran out and ended up buying baby diapers and modified them to use in my underwear. So the biggest challenge for me is running out and not being prepared.

How to discreetly dispose of soaked pads when using a public restroom when traveling or just out and about.

The mental part! Maintaining a positive and optimistic outlook every day! It's difficult for me because the healing process is slow, and lengthy.

At 69 and babies, I suppose this shouldn't be a big surprise. I do avoid drinking anything when I know I have to go out. But, I sure do miss the years when I had a bladder of iron.

The lose of control of the body. So all of the above. Gratitude it's not worse than it is but being aware it is a permanent change in my once wonderful body.

Not knowing when or if you can make it to a restroom or private area before you start leaking everywhere. Usually when I wait to long to change briefs.

The worst part for me will always be an accident in front of other people, and the time leading up to it when I know it is going to happen and there is nothing I can do about it.

The inability to be spontaneous. Was over at a friends yesterday turning wrenches and it was hot. When we finished, they decided to hop in the pool for a swim to cool off. I couldn’t exactly just hop in despite their reassurance that shorts were fine in the pool. Had to go home and change before getting in…came up with a good excuse that the dogs probably needed to be let out for a while and that I’d be back as soon as they were relieved.

Such is life, but you get on with it and make the best of it.

Mike55 -- The most challenging part is having urinary incontinence + Overactive Bladder (OAB) + Fecal Incontinence (FI) + Lymphedema of Lower Extremities, Genitalia, Abdomen. Whew! That's a lot to deal with!! At least it is 4 me!!! Am taking Pelvic Floor P.T. 4 the 3rd time. The physical therapist is a Lymphedema Physical Therapist who is knowledgeable about genital Lymphedema. Am also seeing a Lymphedema Physical Therapist 4 the rest of the areas. Suspect that I also have Lymphedema in armpits as feels like I'm sweating all the time. But when I feel my underarms they are dry. My husband & caregiver do not understand how I feel. In fact, only here do I find understanding & empathy. My feet feel wet all the time, my legs usually do, my crotch always does, my underarms usually feel like they're perspiring. The wetness that I'm feeling, though, is on the inside, not the outside of my skin.

@GMguy bins in public rest rooms are a big one for me, too. If one is present, it’s always in the busiest part of the bathroom!