Leaking around a Foley

I'm about to have a Foley put in again so that I can get some sleep. I shall ask for a slightly thicker one to reduce leaks, but my main problem is that I'm prone to infection. Any tips on preventing infection? Cheers

I had the leaking for sometime, plus for dilation and rest of my bladder, they moved me up on Fr. too a 20,22, and now a 24fr, still leaking, but not as bad. So I ask the nurse, and my Dr. both said I cannot go back to a 22 or 20. As the 24fr is helping me and I need to continue with Foley therapy as they call it.

Regarding hospitalization, my local hospital and PCP instantly Foley cath me, and keep me this way, most of the time I go home with one. Here they want me comfortable

your comfort and well being are definitely the most important part of any medical intervention! Good you are well served!

@Bee77

not to worry, Bee77. Here you are among other adults who use nappies as our first line of defense. For some, other options work. For people like us, we depend on padding / waterproofing. Life goes on.

Infections are tough-once you get one-it seems too easy to get another one. I had one for several months and finally went away a couple of years ago. Keep stuff clean and stay away from anything that might give you a problem. Good Luck and God Bless-it is tough