Infrequent wet bowel leakage

Archives1

Staff member
I have begun to have infrequent light wet leakage from my rectum. (3-5 times per week)I went to Dr and have had a colonoscopy to check for serious issue. Fortunately nothing.

What are next steps to understand or correct this issue? I have been placing tissue between my cheeks to keep it from underwear. This works, but is uncomfortable. Your help is much appreciated.

No changes in diet at the time it started. Since then I’ve been trying to isolate the pattern and any possible causes.

Does anyone have suggestions of things to try or look for as I diagnose?

First thing you should do is get to a doctor. Leakage like that is usually from impacted stool, but I am not a medical student or doctor.

If odor is a problem try chlorophyll pills. I think there is a brand called Nuella that people seem to like. A lighter duty diaper like tranquility will save you from embarrassing stains and also help to contain the odor.

Thanks I did visit Dr and had colonoscopy showing no major issues. They removed two small pallups. I’ve been dong Kegel exercises to try and strengthen muscles. I have had fewer incidents, but still occurs occasionally. Any other suggestions ?