HELP ME

You should wear protection and use a mattress protector. I wear disposables and plastic pants to bed. keeps me dry.

She should be a wealth of help. What is her advise? Had she been to a doctor? How was it handled in her home?

do get your mum to take you to the doctors but like others have said wear a adult diapper and plastic pants to bed i do it beats wakeing up on wet sheets and in wet pj,s all the time

At the very least, do something to protect your mattress. If you don't want to run out and buy a vinyl sheet or a more expensive mattress protector, you can use an old shower curtain under your sheet, with a spare sheet under it, so you don't have to change your bedding if you wake up wet in the middle of the night.

I'm 35 and wet the bed just about every single night. I've tried a few meds and they don't work for me. I wear a diaper to bed and get on with my life. My wife is very understanding. If your boyfriend is a decent human being and cares about you then he won't care. You're going to have to tell him before spending a night together so just get on with it.

Also...see a doctor. Stop putting that off. It's wise to rule out serious problems/conditions and figure out if any of the many available treatment options work. And even if treatments don't work, managing with diapers will get you back to sleeping well and keeping the bed dry.

I agree with others that a doctor's appointment is in order. He/she'll almost certainly order a urine culture for a UTI, but that's problem worthless. Unless you've had a UTI your entire life, that doesn't make sense a cause. You have to have done physiological, or anatomical anomaly at the root for the problem to persist 18 years.

The doctor will recommend tests, and a course of treatment. Sometimes the verb used is "order" rather than "recommend", but remember, the doctor works for you, and you can refuse any test of treatment. If you want to try desmopressin, ask about it. The Dr. may want to rule some other things out first, but that's not really an unreasonable request.