Feeling thankful

Archives1

Staff member
Hi there,

This time I really have nothing specific to write about. But I promised myself to come here every week and write.

I have been feeling better since I decided to appear here only once a week, hopefully with time I will tolerate to touch the "incontinence" topic longer.. I am taking half step at the time haha. I was talking to my psychiatrist and well, he is right when he said that I am expecting to feel comfortable with the topic, when two years ago I could not even say the word "incontinence". Like you all said, we sometimes have to be softer and more supporting with ourselves.

All your answers really keep my mind busy all week (maybe I do not respond as often as I would like) but I am very thankful for the support I have been receiving from this group. I am impressed to know hooow so many people deal with this problem and in many ways! I now feel like a fool for thinking I was the only one living with a "secret problem no one would ever understand".

So I just wanted to say thank you! And of course wish you all a merry Christmas!

Feliz Navidad :)

Your not a fool, mine started 22 yrs ago, it can become very annoying trying to find a restroom fast but it all works out

Pff I really hate the policy of "we are not allowed to let people/customers use the restroom". There should be some law or something

Hi @checmec, It's good to hear from you and I'm glad you stopped in to say hello! You are definitely doing the right thing and when you get into it as a routine it becomes so much easier. And you're on the right track! You are extremely perceptive, compassionate and intelligent and have so much to offer. With those attributes you will naturally be more supportive of yourself, so just keep thinking positively!
So please don't ever think you're a fool for thinking you have a secret problem that no one would understand. You have a lot of fellow forum members here who do understand and offer good input.
And I do agree that the policy of not allowing customers to use restrooms in stores and other places does not present a very good image to the public. I think it's a dumb policy and not at all humanitarian. It takes so much less effort to graciously say, "Sure you may use it. It's right this way!" than it does to say "no" and then try to explain why you're turning down a polite request to use the restroom!
I hope you have happy and safe holidays and a wonderful new year!
Feliz Navidad to you and yours!!! :D

I believe if we consult our urologist about this somewhere I read that can give us some sort of card too carry! I will ask again on my next appointment Jan 11 about this.

I am fairly new to this group but I am so happy I found you all. After reading others who post we should not be ashamed. Many have this problem & I’m so glad we can be open here.
I am in the testing phase of interstim therapy & I hope it helps.
Merry Christmas to you all & bless each & everyone of you!! 🎄🎄

Checkmec, you sound soooo much more confident now. VERY happy for you. I mentioned before that I was determined to turn what I considered and embarrassing STIGMA into a powerful WEAPON against a perception that Is ALL wrong about our shared condition. No restroom service, no patronage simple as that! Have the best of holidays! Get some Prosta Genix, My wife swears by it now. It helped me exponentially. Neither one of us has a prostate gland, one thankfully to save his life, the other by divine design, but it still works!

Feliz Navidad checmec, I am very happy you're doing much better. I agree, the no restroom policies are very cruel to people who politely ask to use it.

checkmec: would really appreciate a follow up on whether you get a card from the urologist, but more important, if that card helps with TSA or whoever. You know you are welcome, whatever the time period
Feliz Navidad!