Do you suffer from adult bedwetting?

I tried a handful of meds, bed pads, random waking etc. Diapers are just easier in every way. I'm getting to the point where I don't even mind wearing them anymore. I wake up dry every day and all I have to do is toss a wet diaper in the trash. I don't have to take gross meds with loads of side effects, wake up every 2 hours (I'm surprised healthcare professionals even recommend this, sleep is very important to health and waking ever couple hours doesn't allow you the vital REM sleep you need), or do a laundry load every day.

MikeJames said:
I tried a handful of meds, bed pads, random waking etc. Diapers are just easier in every way. I'm getting to the point where I don't even mind wearing them anymore. I wake up dry every day and all I have to do is toss a wet diaper in the trash. I don't have to take gross meds with loads of side effects, wake up every 2 hours (I'm surprised healthcare professionals even recommend this, sleep is very important to health and waking ever couple hours doesn't allow you the vital REM sleep you need), or do a laundry load every day.

RNs seem to me much more accepting than Drs of a patients decision to manage rather than cure.

Have wet my whole life and many moons ago I resigned to thick cloth diapers with plastic pants at night. Ever since I did that life, comfort, sleep, etc.etc.etc. became 1000 times better. I have wearing disposable diapers during the day for over 8 years now since my neurogenic bladder diagnosis. Daytime leaking, wet underwear, spots on my pants, and trying to find a place to go 15+ times every day also became a thing of the past. I was offered surgery however that isn't a guaranteed fix and it's surgery. My luck with surgery in my life has been more bad than good so I just manage the issue. In my opinion the diaper stigma is way overblown. I do count my blessings I never have diaper rash issues.

@NoCans...no kidding. I told my urologist I wore diapers to bed and he was put off by it. Said his goal was to get me out of them. Then he gave me pills that both didn't work and made me feel like crap. I tried though. I went on 5 different meds at insane out of pocket cost bc I wanted to give it an honest shot. Finally, I was done. I told him the latest pills weren't working and I'd just manage it with products. He was disappointed.

My OAB is most likely NOT related to my type II diabetes but I did tell the diabetes nurse about it, that I tried all these pills etc and was using diapers at night. She asked how I felt about it and when I said "good, I wake up dry and sleep well. I'd rather not need diapers, but it's a workable solution"....she said "good, keep using them then, sounds like you've gotten it under control."

The stigma with incon is bad enough. I wish doctors didn't feel the need to add to it.

My urologist wanted me to stop wearing while trying the pills but even admitted that if the pills were successful they'd at best reduce not eliminate my wetting. WTF is the point? If I wet the bed 2 nights a week rather than 6/7, I still need to wear a diaper OR become ok again with waking up wet and doing laundry. To hell with that noise. A diaper is SO MUCH EASIER and much more hygienic than waking up soaked in urine.

I agree with most of the above. I've tried everything only to find that diapers, plastic pants, and a vinyl mattress protector are the best way to keep me comfortable and my bed dry. It can be frustrating at times. It can even be emasculating, but the alternatives -- loss of sleep, wet bedding, and a ruined mattress -- are a lot worse. Yes, there is a stigma, from peers, colleagues, strangers, and even medical professionals, as mentioned above. On the other hand, in my opinion, the alternative is much worse. The issue isn't to fight the problem. It is natural and more common than we think. The issue is to fight the stigma associated with incontinence.

I still do, but it has been a real inconvenience having to do all the extra laundry with changing the sheets, mattress cover almost on a daily basis.

Appreciated finding this site and that you were offering a Dry Night Solution which I am currently using and am finally able to get the sleep I need and the laundry duties have been cut down considerably.

Thank you NAFC!

Brian
Brian30 said:
I still do, but it has been a real inconvenience having to do all the extra laundry with changing the sheets, mattress cover almost on a daily basis.

Appreciated finding this site and that you were offering a Dry Night Solution which I am currently using and am finally able to get the sleep I need and the laundry duties have been cut down considerably.

Thank you NAFC!

Glad you are finding some success.

Worrieswhynow said:
Been to the doctor he thinks it is because of all the worry and stress I am going through at the moment. I've bought some tena nigh time pads and some mattress protector pads just incase it hPpens tonight. Does anyone have any tips on how to help a stop it happening

Hi worrieswhynow, Stress can be an issue. I have been an occasional bedwetter most of my life. I only bedwetting infrequently now (1-2 times a month or less) but I do know that during times of stress the frequency goes up. When I was in college I was wetting the bed a few times a month (3-4). However during a few of the more stressful finals weeks at the end of the semester I wet my bed just about every night those weeks.

I hope your stress is going down and you are staying dry at night now.

I wet at night, but I wear a heavy duty diaper that keeps the bed dry 99 percent of the time. So I don’t really suffer.