Diapers

Archives1

Staff member
Hi all as some of you know I have been experiencing great stress due to nocturnal enuresis. I am in college and it makes dating challenging. This has encouraged me to work with my doctor and discuss starting a medication that could help. There are two concerns I have with starting meds and am looking for advice on. The first being that I’m worried about the side effects of taking meds and the second being that I also get a sense of security from wearing diapers and I don’t even know if I could give wearing them up. Anyone ever go through this or currently experience similar thoughts?

The diapers are pretty private. It’s really just you that knows it. If you feel more secure in diapers then keep wearing them.

I understand, because I have medical/social issues do to my incontinence. I wear diapers 24/7 for a small bladder and for anxiety. As for anxiety I need diapers for comfort, security. I know that some people might say it's a private issues. I find that it good to talk it.this group good place to talk about diapers and other stuff. As for wearing diapers and going out, just be discreet and try to not think about diapers.i know it is easier said than done. As for me I don't care if people know that I wear diapers to a point. I hope this helps.

I have a neurogenic bladder, my bladder has a mind of its own to put it in very layman's terms. Most of the time my bladder retains but at any given slpit second it can release it's contents,theres times i have urinary incontinence too. Ive came to have a better sense of security by wearing adult diapers 24/7.as I don't get any warnings as to when the flood gates are gonna open. I also need to use intermittent catheters. I've had to come up with my own schedule as to when I need to use a intermittent catheter. But diapers are a must.

I think the only way to know if medications will help is to try them. Some things they have had me try gave me side effects but no other change. Regarding protection, I’d guess that until you reach a point where your confident there is no need for it you’ll want to use it. The stress of not using may be larger than the stress of using it for now. Always best to take care of yourself.

Botox (200 units)provides me the best protection, hands-down. It hurts like hell for the 20 minute procedure, but my control lasts near-perfectly for 3-4 months and even some help up to 10 months. I strive to be able to afford my insurance deductible so then I can get Botox quarterly. I’m surprised fewer people on here don’t mention this option.

I just did my first Botox injection a couple months ago I guess. It hurt but snow is right, it does help with the spasms and urge part.

missthang said:
Hi all as some of you know I have been experiencing great stress due to nocturnal enuresis. I am in college and it makes dating challenging. This has encouraged me to work with my doctor and discuss starting a medication that could help. There are two concerns I have with starting meds and am looking for advice on. The first being that I’m worried about the side effects of taking meds and the second being that I also get a sense of security from wearing diapers and I don’t even know if I could give wearing them up. Anyone ever go through this or currently experience similar thoughts?

my thought is certainly me only since i’ve seen many others expressing differently but i think leaks are to be expected when having urinary incontinence. it is liquid and obeys gravity. i wear the thinnest skimpiest pullups i can find that also still work and i do get the occasional leak. i wear them at night as well as day. but i don’t have accidents in bed. i always wake up. i don’t know why that is. if you wear them during the day also, my experience is that the leaks are not that noticeable and dry up fairly quickly so for me it is a down side but not the end of the world.

next i have had only bad luck with meds. merbetriq (don’t know if i spelled it right) caused me bad muscle and joint pain all over my body. siloxidosin did not work. and another whose name i cannot remember at the moment made things worse. but that is just my body and how it reacted. i know others have had good results.

i will not do incontinence surgery. i just don’t want it. the thought that some have had bad results or no results rules it out for me.

i have not been able to discipline myself enough to do the exercises regularly and have not had success with that. i would suggest exercise as the best thing to try. it is strengthening your body without having to buy stuff. also, there may be ways to train yourself to wake up in time to make it to the bathroom. i do not have this experience but my younger brother had a device that woke him up the moment pee touched the pad he slept on. it took a few months but it did work. he never had the problem again.

but like i said, the down sides i see are just applying to me. as i see it, there are trade offs and minor leaks are livable for me. i live with it and the undergarments i use (pullup with booster pad) do not get odorous. and pretty much do a good job. i’m just providing my experiences for your consideration. i hope this helps you.