Diaper recommendation

Archives1

Staff member
I'm an active guy but fully incontinent now. What diaper brand do you guys recommend? I wear abena but they tend to get bulky.

I wear the depend brand with maximum protection with tabs they are better than some that I've tried I wear them all the time such as day and night time and they aren't bulky at all

Thanks. I'll order some of those recommendations. I didn't have good luck with depends. I found that they began to leak during sports. I usually wear compression boxer briefs over my diapers so that helps some with the leaking

That's what I found about depends. When I play sports especially I need to be sure I won't leak. I am going to order some Tenas. Thanks

I'm completely incontinent and run 10k races wearing diapers. I wear Dry 24/7 w/ compression underwear over them. No leaks typically both pee and poo. Can't say 100% but no diaper is. They can become bulky but it's worth it not to have to change every time I wet.

I prefer heavy, washable protection, with polyurethane or polyurethane laminate overpants when I'm at home. When I travel I wear Abena or Molicare plus laminate pants.

I'm finding the bulk causes chafing and with zero control I tend to void fast. That's why I need a better diaper

If by "fully incontinent" you mean both bladder and bowel, you most definitely will require a diaper with good standing leak guards. I am only incontinent of urine. So I can't really make a specific recommendation regarding bowel incontinence. For heavy urge urinary incontinence that often involves large-volume floods, I use Abena M4 during the day and Dry 24/7 for nighttime and daytime events where I won't be able to change for prolonged periods of time.

I mean 100% with urine. I have full bowel control. Right now I'm wearing abena M3s or 4s during the day and they are very bulky and uncomfortable

Your comment about bulkiness is correct, but it's something many of us have got used to. For me, the most important thing is confidence that my pants will stay dry on the outside.

I've always worn guards and they aren't noticeable. And diapers were just at night. This is new to me to wear 24/7 and have it so noticeable in public or to have the diaper fail during sports.

I guess I'll get used to it over time. My abena m3 broke apart last night while playing basketball. It's things like this that I hope others can teach me how to avoid.

I use the Abena Special for daytime. It is the pull up style underwear, and doesn't fall apart. It has more of a boxer brief cut to it.

At night I wear the Confidry 24/7 brief. It is considerably more bulky.

The Abena Specials are rated at an M2. I don't know how bad your issues are, but I typically go through 2 a day. I haven't had any leaking issues with them, but I've found odor to be a bit of a problem if I keep them on the entire day. They are very comfortable and discreet under clothes.

Confidry 24/7 briefs are the tape on style. I can sleep through an entire night without leaking. I typically woke up wet or in the middle of wetting with some briefs, but with these I've found that I sleep through the whole night with no issues.

That is far more than me. Have you tried the Depend trufit? They sell them in bulk now.

If you are comfortable with the tape on style, the Confidry might work for you. They advertise only 3 changes every 24 hours. You might want to consider some plastic pants while your exercising to keep the brief from tearing on you.

I tried the Cunningham Clamp when I first started acknowledging that I had day time issues, but it caused more problems than it was worth. Might work for you, though.