Depend Night Defense

@Maymay941 i have never heard that, I do kind of remember the plastic tape on briefs had a smell when you opened them but I never thought much about it or thought it was bad. I dont notice it anymore but its probably still there.

@ruhappy she said the family cat acted weird and went outside with its nose pointing up.
I know some people are very sensitive to smell

It is interesting to see how discussions evolve. This one started with a question about the Depend Night Defense product. It quickly evolved into a series of attacks on the Depend brand and off topic testimony about various products including cloth diapers. Only a couple of responders stayed on track with observations about how this class of incontinence product works for them.

The Night Defense and other pull-up products are generally designed to deal with small volume leaks or voids. If this isn't the problem you face they are not the right product. The key to finding a product that works for a particular need is to first define the need and then search for a solution that meets the criteria.

I have used the Depend Night Defense periodically. Like most pull-ups it doesn't have front to back coverage. Thus, it isn't going to handle sudden voids well. It works fine for leakage and the rated capacity seems to be accurate. The key to this type of function is that the absorbent material has time to capture the release. Secondly, any product that doesn't offer substantial side and front to back coverage will work best when the wearer is sitting or standing. The Depend Night Defense works well for me in social situations where I have access to a bathroom or restroom. I haven't noticed an odor problem with them either during use or prior to use.

I don't mean to offend the responders who strayed off the topic. However, when a question is asked we should strive to respond to the question asked. If our response doesn't address the question asked or the topic I suggest that we read but not respond.

HappilyRetired2 said:
It is interesting to see how discussions evolve. This one started with a question about the Depend Night Defense product. It quickly evolved into a series of attacks on the Depend brand and off topic testimony about various products including cloth diapers. Only a couple of responders stayed on track with observations about how this class of incontinence product works for them.

The Night Defense and other pull-up products are generally designed to deal with small volume leaks or voids. If this isn't the problem you face they are not the right product. The key to finding a product that works for a particular need is to first define the need and then search for a solution that meets the criteria.

I have used the Depend Night Defense periodically. Like most pull-ups it doesn't have front to back coverage. Thus, it isn't going to handle sudden voids well. It works fine for leakage and the rated capacity seems to be accurate. The key to this type of function is that the absorbent material has time to capture the release. Secondly, any product that doesn't offer substantial side and front to back coverage will work best when the wearer is sitting or standing. The Depend Night Defense works well for me in social situations where I have access to a bathroom or restroom. I haven't noticed an odor problem with them either during use or prior to use.

I don't mean to offend the responders who strayed off the topic. However, when a question is asked we should strive to respond to the question asked. If our response doesn't address the question asked or the topic I suggest that we read but not respond.

The thing with Depend is they are the most well-known as they are the ones that advertise the most it has been my personal observation that they have always been a sub-par brand when Attends was still being made by Proctor and Gamble they we a better product and Tranquility was even better then came M8olicare I have always felt that Depends were and are sub-par they shuld concentrate on better quality and less on advertising

I agree DP I feel the name is ubiquitous like kleenex or bandaid.
The issue now is fighting the shame when Depends doesn't work.
That's not going to change anything to say that but for new users of disposable protection it seems like a new level of shame if one can leak through the night defense.

On the plus side it has made the adult diapers concept more accessible.

So a double edged check and balance but I WISH there was a very absorbent PULL UP for night.

Maymay941 said:
I agree DP I feel the name is ubiquitous like kleenex or bandaid.
The issue now is fighting the shame when Depends doesn't work.
That's not going to change anything to say that but for new users of disposable protection it seems like a new level of shame if one can leak through the night defense.

On the plus side it has made the adult diapers concept more accessible.

So a double edged check and balance but I WISH there was a very absorbent PULL UP for night.

They don't make any pull-up on par with a full diaper they can come close but they both have a different fit and form and I have heard others say they make adult pull-ups fit like granny panties and just about every pull-up I have seen made the padding only comes up about half way in the front and back which doesn't dole male users much good and there is no side padding which makes them useless for sleeping especially with side sleepers

As a woman I also am always trying to decide to put on this way or that.
Turn on t bedroom light,glare at the print on waist band. Fumble for original package vainly trying to decipher any magical instructions.I guess booster pads strategically placed is the best I've come up with

@Maymay941 - Hey Maymay. We don't have a Foodlion in SoCal as far as I know. Is there any way to find out the name of the company behind the store brand? - Pam

@pammy53 I don't have a package right now. I suspect any store brand or the various less expensive ones than depends would be competitive.

I don't think highly of the off brand but I is much cheaper than Depends and working about the same.
I think adding booster pads to the sides as a side sleeper helps but certainly still leak

I guess I am one of the few where the Depend Night Defense actually works for me. My bladder issues are only at night with bedwetting. I use the Depend Night Defense primarily when I am traveling since my bedwetting is occasional and not a every night or even weekly thing. I bedwet typically 1 - 2 nights a month give or take and I do typically do not 'flood' when I pee the bed. For me when wearing a night defence and I did happen to have a wet night they have helped my pee with no leakage. Saying this I do see where if someone had a heavy bladder release I can see where it might be an issue.

Just wanted to post here to say that they are not bad if you are not so called flooding when you bedwet.

Never got on with them. I ordered some from my online grocery provider when my issues were milder as I figured they’d be better than the DryNites (UK Goodnites) which were my go to readily available protection as they’re made the same company. I was surprised to find that they were worse (and a lot pricier!).

Ever since Long Covid when my issues have been more severe, anything other than taped nappies leak.