CAVILON !!!!!!!!!!!

I had minor improvement today but it is hurting much worse. With a lot of effort, I am using the spray water bottle, then barely dabbing dry because it's a gross sensation not to.

@Maymay941 Thank you for sharing your story with so many details. I am so sorry to hear about everything you went through; it all sounds unbelievably challenging. Turmeric didn't help me at all; not a fan of natural solutions like that, none have ever helped me.

The Affordable Healthcare Act, the proper, official name for "Obamacare" was, and continues to be, voted for by both democrats and republicans. They vote on over and over again and still vote in favor of it. It saved my life and gave me great liberty to choose my unemployment vs. unemployment, and employers for themselves, rather than their insurance plans. I had the most expensive gold plan in UT every month it was available until last month. My new BCBS work plan is absolutely horrible by comparison, worse deductible, yet no set copays in exchange, and requires many medication and procedures prior auths that my ACA plans never did. They don't pay for opioids or Tramadol. Every year, they have paid out more than I have put in by about $300,000 fold. I would have killed myself without it. I couldn't work after I fell off the cliff and had the cancers; no way! I tried Medicaid for a month and it was pure hell. None of my 30 doctors took it. Hardly anybody did, and if they did, they didn't have good reputations and their waitlists were six months. It's unfortunate that you had a bad experience with the ACA. I would never have chosen an Aetna plan but perhaps that was your only option in your area. We have many and good choices in UT - much more and better than CA, which is surprising given this is absolute most conservative state and has been since any white people lived here.

"Obamacare" was originally created by republican, conservative Mitt Romney of Utah, then governor of Massachusetts. It saved the state MA a ton of money getting people off Medicaid, that Obama *encouraged* Congress to pass something similar, which they did. Neither Obama nor any president has the power to create something that huge. It was his very best idea. Nothing else he and Congress accomplished has ever saved me money nor kept me alive. I will never take the ACA for granted and I hope it is a choice for the rest of my life. ACA plan costs are holding steady despite the huge increase of cost for employer-sponsored plans, which continue to have nothing but fewer benefits while the the ACA benefits continue to increase.

Also, the amount of financial assistance for an ACA has gone up significantly since COVID. Congress did that, not Biden, and they did it when Trump was in power. They are continuing to do it.

I'm not sure how you feel about this - but in my experience, powder tends to be a bad idea in such cases - especially when used in conjunction with cream.

Powder works in the worst case like sandpaper. With the cream together it also no longer causes the "dry" effect, which one has at least at the beginning before the powder has become wet. If he gets into a wound is also not advantageous.

My recommendation would be to do without powder completely. In the professional care here no one uses such a thing.

Another important point - especially when it comes to the hip region - is which incontinence aid to choose. Diapers are generally not the best choice - especially if they are applied too tightly. This causes exactly the pressure points and skin irritations on the side that you do not want. Pads may be much better because they do not cover this area of skin. The prerequisite is of course that the fixation pants do not chafe - which can happen quickly with the cheap polyester pants.

Hi Snow I should be careful on how I speak of political entities as I am actually not bashing our previous President but my experience of The affordable care act. Interesting that I was in Florida and Aetna platinum was the top tier of insurance offered but different in Utah.
It was a very cute side step in Florida that with a huge elderly and poor population there was this ability to fox the authority by having the medical office declare on their promotional materials they accepted Aetna but the office staff stated in three offices at time of attempted registration they did not accept the Affordable care act Aetna! I signed up using a special office who were set up to provide the client with best information,advice and fill out the form so I didn't misunderstand or get the wrong insurance on m own effort at home. So I saw the same doctor ad got the same Serv as when I had no insurance or employment.

If this works for you I'm very glad.

I will not go into my political leanings for the sake of our sanity at the forum but I can say I am forever grateful for the work of a certain President who I admire and respect from a few years ago but that particular healthcare was tone deaf on Florida.

@Maymay941 He is my hero as well. I wish he could be King for the rest of my life!!!!!!

I, too, have been to just a couple of docs that said, "Yes, we accept Select Health, but not Select Med." The med is the name of the ACA version. But that sort of seems to have stopped, or else I truly know where to go now.

I left a message for my dermatologist's office today, asking for an appointment. Their lines were busy all day. They didn't call me back. He is about 10x as smart and amazing as any other doctor I've ever had. I doubt any derm would take a new patient on emergency; they'd just say go to an urgent care clinic. I hope they call early tomorrow. I told my boss to be ready for me to take off at any moment.

I've also got a bad ear infection but can't get in to my ENT until Monday; the place where I went for urgent care, when I called them, told me to get in to see one. It's a complication from the flu, like the rash. I've never hated the flu before but boy oh boy, do I hate it now! It has been messing with me for over a month now. I really don't feel good now. If any of it gets too bad again, I will be going to a different urgent care place that is better than the other one I went to. I only went there because they don't mix COVID patients with healthy patients.

What are you doing for gut health probiotics Snow? You've had a ton of antibiotics candy that causes diharrea and such

@snow I find it amazing the frustration level of dealing with the medical community. It was never easy before Covid. Now it seems ten times worse.I really hope that you can get this resolved sooner than later.

@Pammy53 I know, I agree it's way worse now. Thank you for your support. Got an appointment with my dermatologist, but it's not until next Wednesday!

@Maymay941 Thank you for your care and consolation.

Don't remember which thread this was on, but about feeling like urine running down inner thighs when urinating. Well, have this feeling all day & all night. Plus feet feel wet too. And entire legs! Well, told my Primary Care Physician. She's also a Doctor of Osteopathy. So I've got appointments in March, April & May for manipulations, almost every week! I have Lymphoedema. A kindly person on a message board directed me to the Lymphoedema Support Network website! On their website, I found that Osteopathic Manipulations are one way to treat Lymphoedema. That's not the only way, of course!

Unfortunately I can't eat yogurt. It gives me a Migraine. It's cultured, that's why. In fact, can't eat any dairy. It wracks out my stomach. Am on a restricted diet. Have to take Carafate liquid b4 eating. Have Gastritis of stomach. Inflammation of stomach lining. Am getting tested to see if it's caused by H. pylori.

@pegasi99 Unfortunately lymphoedema caused major complications for my grandmother, including some partial amputations and abscesses on the front of her legs for a decade. So I have seen how bad it can be. She never spoke of a wet sensation, though. I hope yours will never be as bad as hers. Sorry to hear about your stomach problems.

snow -- Thank you. No, I hope I'm not like your Grandmother. There is a physical therapy group hear me who has a Lymphedema physical therapist. Perhaps that P.T. can also treat Lymphoedema.