CAVILON !!!!!!!!!!!

Archives1

Staff member
I’m sorry I forgot who recommended CAVILON the other day but I immediately ordered a tube of it from Amazon and received it today. OMG! It felt wonderfully soothing on my poor burning spot. I have not had anything that didn’t burn etc so thanks a million!!!!

Ordered Cavilon cream from Amazon as you suggested. I'm game! Currently using Dr. Mercola's Diaper Cream. It's pretty good too!! It's concentrated. I only need to use a little.

After this big yeast infection diaper rash or whatever the hell it is, I will start using something like Cavilon as well!!!!!!

Snow, it’s a barrier cream according to tube but it is more of a cream than a paste. I have tried everything without relief so I am really happy about this. Did not take much but really soothed the burn. Worth a try.

@Dmorris I'm curious if it's like any other barrier cream like Calmoseptine. It is soothing for a while, but the rash reminds. After being under the covers all night and warm in the groin area,I itch which doesn't help. Still have the rash. Probably should see a doctor, but it tastes so long to get in.

Yes Cavilon is very good. @Snow: If you have allready a rash, it might be better to use the spray instead of the cream.

@MichaelDahlke If you already have a rash, why might using the spray Cavilon be better than the cream? Thanks

If the skin is damaged by a fungus or infection, then cream can be counterproductive because spreading the cream can spread the infection. In addition, it can also be problematic if there are already open spots.

The cream is primarily suitable for prophylaxis, the spray and the foam applicator more for therapy.

Unfortunately, I found this overview of 3M only in German - but the pictures explain it actually quite well:

But very important: This is about skin protection! This does not fight the cause.

The first thing to determine in the case of skin irritation is where it comes from:

- Friction / sore: Cavilion

- Fungal infection: primarily antimycotic, secondarily Cavilion

- Bacterial infection: primary in severe cases antibiotics, secondary, Cavilion

@MichaelDahlke Thank you for the explantion.In trying to avoid a trip to the doctor I have tried an antifungal cream myself and a cream called Calmoseptine which was prescribed in rehab post hip fracture. Neither have helped much,though the Calmoseptine is soothing for a while. Looks like a trip to a doctor. It just takes so long to get in now. Appreciate the clarification. Thanks

It may be a tinea or candida. Try clotrimazole if it’s just red (tinea). If it is red dots, you may have candida aka a yeast infection. Clotrimazole will work for that as well. Some hydrocortisone with the clotrimazole will soothe any itch.

@CPFuller Thank you soooooo much!

@MichaelDahlke Thank you for the info. I can read some of the stuff in German because I know French pretty well. I am definitely in the red erosion phase, unfortunately. Tomorrow my dermatologist is in surgery but I think I will just show up at their door early on Wednesday morning if they don't schedule an appointment for me. I have raw open flesh (about four inches square) with a small bit of rash on the edges of it. That's my right side. The left side isn't as bad. At one point there were white pimple bits in the middle of the raw flesh but it's not like that any more. I think a photo of is too graphic to post. It continues to creep up toward my stomach, in the cracks of my groin :( I feel discouraged :( I did ask my urologist today what she recommended - I did, in fact, have to cancel the Botox appointment for tomorrow that I was really looking forward to, to prevent whatever it is from going *inside* my bladder - and she said to put the powder on my butt and the cream in front. Well there is nothing wrong on my butt. I'm trying to use the powder up front but it burns and stings. The cream is soothing, but it doesn't seem to actually help. There is no way I can go to bed with a diaper on without that cream; the powder is going to hurt too much in conjunction with a diaper.

@MichaelDahlke I did buy the Cavilon cream today, will wait to consult with my dermatologist, but may also buy the spray tonight if I can find it.

@Maymay941 Not really :( It burns less but is growing up toward my stomach. I have been taking photos with a ruler to be sure, and in case the doctor wants to see them. My dermatologist is in surgery tomorrow but if they don’t give me an appointment for Wednesday, I am going to take your advice and just show up at 8:00 a.m. I simply forgot to call them today because work is so busy. Thank you for your advice and concern; it means a lot to me in my loneliness. Bless this forum!

Snow - I have an appointment tomorrow with a new MD who I have never seen before to look at my rash on my inner thighs and crotch. Nothing is a cure all. Night with the bedding I get warm which doesn't help. I get moist and itchy.I am
hopeful, but not overly at this point. I'm just tired of messing with this. I will keep good thoughts for you. Pam