Can we talk about how good Coffee is?

Unfortunately for me, coffee is a no-no for my interstitial cystitis. I seem to be able to handle a cup a day (though my urologist would prefer if I had none at all). I can't do without my cup of coffee when I wake up, though!

I'm all in on the Nespresso vertuo coffees.. I ditched the kuerig and drip machines last month and loving this expensive but tasty Nespresso coffees

Coffee! Only in winter can I drink it after about 1-2 PM. In winter, I have to get up at night to feed the fire - and coffee takes care of that! I grind my own local-roast beans, only, when need a pot, which can last several days. I like the Starbucks VIA Instant, kinda pricey, only rare-ish occasions, cheaper than Keurig singles, I think.
Those flavors. They Are great tasting except I can't stand the super-heavy sugar, anymore. The "no-sugar" varieties are the same in taste - super-heavy on the sweetness. Far as I'm concerned, they could cut the sugar down to 1/4 of what it is now. Besides, I don't need the sugar, and I don't like the after-taste of the artificial sweeteners - and there is some evidence those chemicals aren't good for you.
But coffee is on the "good for you" list, right now. (That changes ever 8 years or so).
Unfortunately, the non-existent "Global Warming" has wrecked the coffee crops in the 2 countries we get the majority of it - Columbia and (of all places), Viet Nam. Coffee prices are already on the way up. Our espresso stands are now $4.50 for 16 oz. Espresso is expected to reach $7 in a couple of years.
The FDA would probably ban it, if it was invented today.
In my major Seattle hospital, there is a joke: the espresso stand sells more drugs than the Pharmacy!
If it's fun, it is immoral, illegal, or fattening! ;)

I am a tea person. sorry fl guy.... lol... but mint tea in the morning really hits the spot for me. have it with my breakfast

I find that coffee sometimes appears to trigger sweating and increased spasticity when I have a urinary tract infection.

@emily91

I drink tea every morning and right before bed with my medication in it.

And as someone that grew up as a Florida Guy. Yea sweet tea is a must.

I’ve had 3 cups this morning. That’s 3 probably too many. My stomach is not happy but my brain sure is!

I really really don't want to give up coffee, but it is doing more and more damage to my incontinence. What may force us to give it up is the price, now that the coffee crop has been devastated. Or: one cup on Saturday morning. Not Sunday. (Church is too long.)

@AlasSouth

I don't drink coffee every day. When I do it is normally a whole pot. Sometimes it is just a can of Starbucks and that is it for the day. Right now I want to try to give up soda again so coffee will be my good to for caffeine.

I may or may not have not ordered a case of Starbucks doubleshot to see if it tears up my stomach. Go big or go home!

@justej

That sounds either great, disastrous but still delicious.

I am hoping to get some of my favorite coffee soon.