Bedwetting

@Hbic60 it’s always nice to hear about true love between two people. Thank you for your story. I’m glad you found a way to sleep better that works for you.

@NorB I too recently found this forum and it has been a big help emotionally. I was a bedwetter as a kid, in my 20's, usually when I was drinking etc. It seems to subside a bit but has come back occasionally and I am also 44 now.
I recently seen a urologist, bedwetting was probably by biggest concern over my urge incontinence and daytime frequency. They seemed to focus on the latter and not the bedwetting. I'm happy to start down any path of relief and worry about one or the other at a later time.
One thing they said about it as they thought I had some nerve damage from diabetes as some ED meds don't work great for me either and they supposedly stimulate nerves down there used in conjunction.
Bedwetting hits me maybe a couple times a week, maybe 6 months ago my wife go tired of cleaning the bed, put a bedcover on it and bought me some Depend night defense. It was quite awkward at first but she did not care one bit as long as she wasn't doing laundry the next day lol. Needless to say, I sleep on my belly and the depend brand underwear did practically nothing so with her encouragement I graduated to a diaper at night. Mine seems to be triggered by deep sleep and we have an active lifestyle so if we end up having a couple drinks on a weekend, I'm sure to wake up wet without knowing it. Sometimes I feel myself starting to go in my sleep and wake up quickly, kind of a freak out thing but its too late.
Anyway, just wanted to say your not alone, other young people have this too. Happy to share anything that they can get to work for me someday, hopefully :).

Thanks everyone! Appreciate all the thoughtful responses and insight. I think the main frustration is the lack of “cure” per se and the frequent peeing at random times. But @itguy2928, mine does seem to occur when in deep sleep more so. I’ve yet to wrap my mind around diapers but I’m leaning that way, as it’s just tiresome waking up to these instances.

I think the urologist lack of solution was frustrating too. Pretty dismissive it seemed and just didn’t explore any other options, but the timer approach or diapers, but wasn’t pretty engaging otherwise to look at options. But reading others maybe he didn’t is cause there isn’t really. I’m scheduling one more appt w a different Uro, but I think the diaper approach is next.

I only had had 1 appt with a urologist so far and it was last month. When we talked about bedwetting basically the advice was don't drink anything after 6 and/or set an alarm or have my wife wake me up in the middle of the night to pee. This actually does help but some days its really hard to not drink anything the rest of the evening after 6PM (dinnertime in my house).
I had her wake me up before in the middle of the night, when she did I had to pee instantly so I suppose it worked but getting work up from a deep sleep sucks and having to try to get back in that sleep for a while before work in the AM is not easy. Something about waking up on my own makes it easier.
Anyway, I think I have mine kind of figured out enough that when I don't drink much before bed I am usually ok but, its not uncommon for us to have a few drinks out with friends on a weekend. On those days I just wear a diaper now. Sometimes she even has one on my pillow to basically tell me to put it on lol. I'm sure she just doesn't want to do laundry.
She defiantly made it easier for me to accept it. Although, in my head I don't like her to see me in them, I try to hide it for some reason even though she is so accepting of it. She has been a nurse for many years so I guess she has just seen it all and is unphased.
I will say waking up in a wet diaper is way better than waking up in a soaked bed and all the cleanup that has to happen after.
As far as getting over it all together, I have another Uro appt in 2 months. I plan on bringing it up each time I see him.

Itguy2928 said:
I only had had 1 appt with a urologist so far and it was last month. When we talked about bedwetting basically the advice was don't drink anything after 6 and/or set an alarm or have my wife wake me up in the middle of the night to pee. This actually does help but some days its really hard to not drink anything the rest of the evening after 6PM (dinnertime in my house).
I had her wake me up before in the middle of the night, when she did I had to pee instantly so I suppose it worked but getting work up from a deep sleep sucks and having to try to get back in that sleep for a while before work in the AM is not easy. Something about waking up on my own makes it easier.
Anyway, I think I have mine kind of figured out enough that when I don't drink much before bed I am usually ok but, its not uncommon for us to have a few drinks out with friends on a weekend. On those days I just wear a diaper now. Sometimes she even has one on my pillow to basically tell me to put it on lol. I'm sure she just doesn't want to do laundry.
She defiantly made it easier for me to accept it. Although, in my head I don't like her to see me in them, I try to hide it for some reason even though she is so accepting of it. She has been a nurse for many years so I guess she has just seen it all and is unphased.
I will say waking up in a wet diaper is way better than waking up in a soaked bed and all the cleanup that has to happen after.
As far as getting over it all together, I have another Uro appt in 2 months. I plan on bringing it up each time I see him.

perhaps a bedwetting alarm will help

@Babssimon Congratulations on getting into university! I also dealt with bedwetting in college due to stress, being homesick, and a bad experience with a counselor. I also was drinking Red Bull at night to stay up and study while watching Netflix & other channels. The Red Bull ran right through me and made my heart beat fast. I wouldn't suggest drinking those...but if you do, just be careful. I actually was going to buy Goodnites then but I was too embarrassed that someone in the dorm bathroom would see my pull-ups so I just did my laundry every day. But then they saw and probably smelled my sheets anyway. So people knew unfortunately and then we had room inspections on the day I had no sheets on the bed and my mattress cover was orange (didn't even know the color of the detergent) and coming apart from me washing it so much. I also wet a friend's bed but she didn't make fun of me.

Hello, I just found this forum. I'm curious anyone who has intermittent episodes of bedwetting. I grew up wetting the bed and seemed to outgrow it for a time, but have periodic episodes where I have accidents a couple times a week and then nothing for a while. I am overall pretty healthy. No diabetes or diseases or anything like that. No nerve damage that I know of. I'm wondering if anyone else has something similar or if doctors were able to help at all with this. Seems like it'd be pretty difficult to set up a doctor appointment when I'm not having accidents.