Bedwetting brief or pull up?

Archives1

Staff member
What is the best diaper or pull up for overnight? Which is better better for overnight, brief with tabs or pull up?

Brief with tabs without a doubt.

Granted I don’t have night time issues however just during the day I am much more confident in a brief with tabs as compared to a pull up. I normally have to worry about leaks if I wear a pull up.

I line the briefs with tabs they absorb better and I find that the pull-ups leak more then the tabs style ones

I use pull up diapers day and night and really have no problems. I would use a brief at night if I could get it on myself well enough. I wish they would make a plastic backed pull up diaper that is as or more absorbent than a brief.

MHart, I was given a hint - you use repositionable tab briefs and attach the tabs. Then you pull them up as if they were pull-ups and then reposition the tabs. I have not tried it, but it sounds like it would work.

I only need a nighttime diaper. I've tried depends but they leaked I woke up soaked. Which brands do you prefer?

I use an overnight pull-on cloth diaper along with plastic pants. Very few if any leaks, and with proper care, they can last for years. More costly up front, but much cheaper in the long run. I get mine from fetware.com.

If you are a male side sleeper, then very few products won't leak at some regardless regardless of type, absorbancy, or quality. The best I've see so far is the ConfiDry 24/7. My go to however was the Molicare plastic backed if you can find them anymore. These days I use Tranquility ATNs on the road and a reusable at home. Abena M4s work well for me also.

Tranquility used to be inferior, but within the last year or so they added something new that makes the filler more gritty. I'm not sure what it is, but the brief can hold twice what it used to. It really is the best brief for the dollar. Best prices are on:
www.diaperbuys.com

Blue Skies!

I forgot to mention, I'm using the threaded armor protective brief and overnight briefs. I find the overnight more comfortable, but the brief has side gussets to prevent leaks. In either case, I throw a GaryWear Active on over them and I haven't had to clean sheets since, except for routine washes of course.

IMO ComfiDrys are a whole class above ATN's. I find the fit of the ATN's is a bit odd but of course that's just a personal thing.
BTW... If you really want to eliminate nighttime leaks add a cotton booster pad to your disposable. It will absorb at a much greater rate than any disposable and then transfer the wetness to the diaper. The pads I use (Walmart Flour Sack Towels, 10 for $7.88) are 28" square and I fold them several times to make a 10+ layer pad about 5" by 12". In the morning I just rinse them out in the sink and hang to dry. Done this way there is no smell to deal with and when dry they go into the regular wash at later date. This works especially well if you are a side sleeper like I am. I do add a PUL pant over all of this but I have to say that since I started using the pads I've had no leaks at all.
The cotton booster pad will also work with a pull-up but would suggest using a premium one like an Abena Abri-flex or Molicare Mobile. Both of these have a wide crotch and great capacity. When using a pull-up I'll add a granny panty to help keep them in place and then a PUL pant over that.