Adult Bedwetter Here

Archives1

Staff member
Hi all-
My name is Erica IM 35 and a life long bedwetter. Ive done every test, tried every techique & no resolution. Doctors dont know what is the cause behind it.

I take imipramine which works about 70% of the time.

I used to have OAB but it seems to have rrsolved itself as I have no problems during the daytime. Weird I know.

Hi Erica at leaat here you can freely ralk about the the good the bad and the funny of it. Welcome aboard the Titanic!
Your experience of multiple tests makes me think some of us have weak pelvic floors or something with bladdrr muscles just like some have pigeon toed gait or poor eyesight from birth.

Welcome Erica, I for one don’t believe the Dr’s have all the answers and I’m convinced some of us will never get a full diagnosis for our incontinence. I was in a motorcycle accident15 years ago and ever since I’ve had some form of incontinence. The dr’a having concluded its due to nerve damage and muscle damage but they can’t pinpoint it until they can do a surgery to find the nerves that control it and even then they aren’t sure there’s a fix for it. So I’ve learned ways to manage, both physically and mentally. I wear a diaper all day and all night and I’ve come to except it. It’s not the way I thought my life would go but it has made me a more understanding person to others struggles and finding this board has been a life changer!! It’s so nice to talk about my issues with others who truly understand it and get advice and support to help me through each day!! Welcome and let us know how we can help!!

Hey Erica,
Welcome to the groups. Know you are welcome here and there a multitude of supportive people from around the world. I deal with both night and day bladder leakage. Have you found a product you favor to keep your bed dry? I found Northshore has a brief called mega-max that has worked very well for me.
I’m in Maryland with my honey and little dog. 😋 hope you have a nice Sunday. It Beautiful here today

Hi Erica,

As others have said welcome home! You are in the right place for support and understanding. We will help you whenever needed. Please post more, and hopefully you can find more ideas to deal with a lifelong illness.

Hi Erica welcome I'm David and the dog in my profile photo is my service dog in training Kole and there is a good group of people with good info and experiences to share
47124bc15960fe9b63bf55773dce08aa.jpg

Welcome to the site. I’m also a bed wetter (40 years old) but my oab makes me wet during he day as well.

Erica, welcome to this site. Glad to have you here.
Congrats on beating OAB. Any secrets you can share as to how you did that?
Thanks

Condom catheters have allowed me to live a basically normal life in spite of incontinence after a recent surgery.

@emack
Little late in a timely welcome, but hi and welcome to the forum. Bedwetter here too. I occasionally wet mostly just 1-2 times a month but sometimes it can be once a week for a few weeks. Hope you are finding a lot go good times and interaction here.

Jt

A belated welcome from me, as well. At 63, I've never been reliably dry at night. Imipramine was given to me for many years when I was teenager, but the side effects were worse than the supposed benefits. Keep looking for a solution as long as you can. Fortunately, there are many effective alternatives in the meantime. I have never slept without protection on and need it about 85% of the time, but am very grateful for today's options versus those of the 60's and 70's!

Hi Steve,
How’s it going today🙂? Maryland is getting allot of drizzle today otherwise it’s a pleasant but cool 64 degrees. Anything good going on with the remainder of the weekend?
I also leak urine. Northshore’s Megamax has been great mostly although I have also had to add their booster pads. Guessing I’m not keeping the tapes as tight as they should be lately. Hope you are doing well.
Kind regards,
Jim in Maryland