adbl diapers

Archives1

Staff member
I'm a bit embarrassed mentioning this subject, but here goes. I am not a adbl person, but find that the diapers found on the various websites seem to be some of the best. I'm not a fan of the juvenile designs on them. However, if they are comfortable and do the job, I guess it's ok.

It's not embarrassing. I use them for their ability too. There are usually all white versions available such as incontrol. My wife and have kind of grown to like the designs to break up the monotony and provide some laughter too!

I agree Damp. If I want an absorbent diaper, I’ll choose a Bambino over other brands any time. If you don’t like prints, they have an all-white diaper and they often have sales. During those sales, if I can buy a case ( of 48) cheaper than I can buy from other companies,why not?

There are often solid color options available as well. I use the NRU STR8UP from tykables alot lately. They hold quite a large amount and best of all don't seem to loosen or sag nearly as much as other brands do. I find I don't have to readjust the tapes during the day. They are a bit on the pricier side, but I've found that a case of them is about the same as a case of the Northshore Megamax diapers now that they are having to charge for shipping. I also have tried the "Tighty Whities" diapers from tykables and they are almost as good as the NRU with the added benefit of having the hook and loop takes and landing panel for easy readjustment. I personally prefer the plastic backed diapers over the cloth backed just because the plastic backed seem to contain smells alot more than the cloth backed do. I also don't care overly much for the designs on many of the ABDL diapers, but have found some in the bast I liked. Such as the skull and crossbones on the Rearz Rebel diapers. I was in my early 20s then though lol. I personally don't care overly much if they do have designs though since I'm the only one who will really see them. I wear the onesie like t-shirts to keep from showing over my waistband so no chance of being seen by anyone while I'm active. IMO it matters more about using and having what you need to get the level of protection and absorption you need and want to be able to live as normal and fullfilling of a life as possible. Only live once, and this shouldn't be the issue that causes you to feel miserable when it can be relatively easy to manage.

i use them sometimes as well. they provide a somewhat comic relief to an otherwise not so fun way of life! besides, really no one sees them except for my wife!

Printed disposable diapers are fine. I don’t care for the Abdl prints. I do agree that some offer great quality, like the Tykables brand.
Fit, absorption and the better Velcro type fasteners are the best out there. They are crazy expensive, therefore I won’t purchase them. White, solid or print.

I have bought and don’t mind the Betterdry and their Betterdry Crinklz printed version.
It’s undeniably a fantastic brief for fit and absorption.
I’d rather have a color or print over just plain white, personally.

A more generic print is best, like the Megamax Tye dye color.
I wish that manufacturers offered more with a generic or geometric print on them over white.
I would imagine that any print makes them more expensive, so not cost effective.
I do use some cloth diapers (AIO style) that have some prints on them.
Again, a generic print like camouflage for example.
I use cloth about 50% plus of the time for nighttime protection now.
Mostly disposable by day.

For me I found that this diapers are the best in absorbency, im actually using Bambino Bellisimo and are very absorvent and confy

Bambino were actually the first ABDL brand I found and used regularly. Then I moved over to secure personal care x-plus which are about the same as the bambino brand in absorbency. From there I moved up to the confidry which were amazing in terms of absorbency, but I absolutely hate the tapes not having a landing zone area. You can't reliably adjust them at all. Same reason I don't use the betterdry or crinklz diapers. I used the rearz rebel for a year or two before I found Northshore and used the megamax for a few years. For the last two years I have been using the Attends Premier diapers as that's what the VA supplies me with. They are probably the absolute best medical brand diaper I have found even though they are cloth backed. Then about 6 months back I tried the NRU STR8UP and they are just phenomenal. They are a bit pricey, but I did the math and when using the tykables mix and match case of 8 packages it's actually a bit less in cost than the Northshore megamax now when you include their increased shipping costs. The tykables brand are actually cheaper than the NRU. Not by a lot but by a noticeable amount. Which makes them cheaper than the megamax unfortunately as much as I loved the megamax.

Everyone above had very good observations. I suspect that quality pull-up’s have edged the low-end diapers out of the traditional stores. Glad to see VA has a reasonable quality diaper for our vets.

I am using megaMax less frequently as continence is improving. For night the GoSupreme with the Trifecta brief is very safe (from leaks standpoint) and comfortable. The Trifecta has an inner absorbent lining that would catch any leakage from the side of the pull-up.

I went with the black versions for both, seemed less like a diaper. I still have the tie-dye Mega sample to try.

I believe that NorthShore is principally in the incontinence market but realizes that the ABDL crowd can appreciate a quality diaper hence must be why they stock Crinkez too.

ABDL’s may have spoiled some message boards that they have helped with the higher quality diaper.

So, here is my take on all this.

My journey with websites dealing with incontinence started long ago (WetBusters.com early 1990's). Those websites were taken by the ABDL community and in the case of Wetbusters, they shut down the site due to it.

After that, there was nowhere to turn for a while and I was growing out of products that could be bought locally where I was living in Florida.

Next things like Myspace and later Facebook led to some help but again a lot was coming from ABDL sources.

When you need a better diaper, you need a better diaper and anyone who can tell you where to get them is worth talking to.

I have been on this board for a while but since this issue started some 24 years ago I have used every resource to help myself out.

And here is the big thing, A few times I have had printed diapers. I even had to have my mom buy them for me when LL Medico was out of BetterDry. She said it like this, "Well, no one is going to see them anyway so."

They work and I have to have them.

@DWLCPAJD Said it best, The ABDL gave us higher-quality diapers.

I know some use Depends and such but for those of us that are flooders, that is not going to cut it.

And those popular companies don't care about the % of the incontinence community that need better quality to make them for us so we are stuck with companies that make more for the ABDLs

It sucks but it is what it is.

I found a stash of printed briefs a few years back at a thrift store and purchased 7 -8 packages of them. I usually don't need the absorbency they provided unless I am unable to change on a regular basis. There was a day that I was on a road trip and my bladder kept emptying, so I was glad to be wearing one that day. However, I was held up by construction and by the time I got to the next town, and was able to change, it was FULL - it would not have held any more
It was surprising to me because my problems, while regular (2 or maybe 3 episodes per day) usually aren't that bad. Believe me. I really didn't care what colour, pattern or prints were on those briefs.

@jeffswet

I truly don't care what the diaper looks like.

I use a Gary brief cover, net pants, and then a tucked-in undershirt.

No one sees what I were.

I want something that works, is easy to deal with and does not kill my budget.

Hello everyone. I to am a person that uses ABDL diapers. I don't really care what is on the diaper. I use it for the intended purpose of incontinence. Yeah that are a bit thicker than your usual diapers that we all buy. Maybe the manufacturers should take notes from the ABDL diaper makers and spend a little more money to beef up some of the regular incontinence products out there so we have less leaks and to feel more confident in wearing diapers out in public for that reason. I might as well say less changes while we are out and about away from home. Don't get me wrong. I use Tranquility ATN's during the day if I know I'm going to close to a bathroom for a period of time so I can change. When I am on long trips on the road is when I use the beefer diapers like the ABDL style for less stops and confidence of not leaking. Abena L4 is another brand I don't mind wearing also. I have tried the pull-ups. No luck. I'll stick to the tape style diapers. Minnesota here getting plenty of rain. If mother nature had to wear diapers here in Minnesota, she would have to change multiple times today or most likely leaks for sure. The Minnesota River is stretching it's britches and bulging at the seams now to where it will have a blow out accident soon. Have a great rest of your day.

During holidays , Bambino has a big discount sale on adult diapers. I order Cloudie diapers. They have strong tapes and don’t leak out.They are printed diapers, but I don’t care as I put them on before bed. I only use them at home.Bambino also have free shipping during there sale.

I normally wear the BetterDry brand because they retain a lot of fluid, fit really nice, and are very comfortable. I also like the price. However, when BetterDry were unavailable I tried the printed brands like crinkles and tunable even through they had prints on them. They were fantastic diapers. Printed or not they worked great. Only my wife and I see them and she thinks there cute. I don’t mind them either.

I use Tranquility ATN during the day, but lately their quality has been suffering.i buy the buy the case, but some of the packages were bad. One package the tapes were stuck to the diaper putting holes in diaper and leaked horribly. Another package didn’t have plastic all the way around. The left side of diaper had no plastic on them and they leaked terribly, I still buy them and most of the time they are great - but beware.

Like responses above other manufacturers should take note of the ABDL brands and make a lot better diaper. I have tried other diapers have a price point to rich for me. Printed or not quality is my deciding factor. The BA diapers are crap.

I get the free but I won’t use them. I prefer to purchase my own. I’ll only use plastic backed diapers because theyj hold more and keep the smell to a very minimum.
Good luck all. I’ve been in diapers for many, many years. Good luck in your search for what works best for you.

Although I wear cloth diapers and plastic pants for my bedwetting, I use disposable diapers during the day for my urge incontinence and at night when I'm traveling. My diaper of choice has been BetterDry, since ConfiDry 24/7 went out of business. It seems to be a very good diaper for my needs.

When BetterDry diapers went out of stock for a while last year, I had to search out a substitute. Since Crinklz Diapers are made by BetterDry, I bought some of those, since they were still in stock. Aside from being an ABDL-type print diaper, they seem to be just as good and absorbent as the BetterDry white diapers. The only difference to me was that I was more self-conscious about making sure the edge of my diaper wasn't sticking out above my pants, when I bent over.

One other thing I noticed... With some of these printed diapers, when they get wet, sometimes there is a little dye transfer to whatever you're wearing over them. I was wearing light tan slacks over a Crinklz diaper one day, while on vacation. My diaper was quite wet by the time I had a chance to change. I noticed that the inside of my slacks had several different color spots, where the diaper was rubbing as I moved around. Even after going thru the laundry, there were still some color stains in the slacks. After that, I made sure to always wear plastic pants over these diapers, to avoid staining my pants. Of course, now I have plastic pants with color stains in them! Oh well....

@MikeZZ654 If I ever use my tie-die sample I will remember that!

It does not seem like anyone who use non-ABDL diapers have discussed it in this thread. Also only males appear to have responded. I suspect for daytime use it is easier for a male to conceal a thicker diaper in jeans etc.

I got into a pinch a while back when supply chains were all messed up and had no other choice but going with ones that had prints…and my wife said the same thing others have noted, “who cares, not like anyone else is going to see it.”

I had the Space prints…can remember if it was Rearz or ABU, but they worked and my wife said it broke up the monotony a bit.

@ALL

The only thing that I will say as well is that I always have a pack of emergency stuff in my hospital bag. Because nothing is worse than only having printed diapers and having to stay in the hospital.

Luckily that has never happened.

I have gotten to the hospital and had a printed diaper on but changed as soon as I got there.