What is your New Years resolution?

@Maymay941 Thanks for noticing, May. My best friend’s dad died of lung cancer a few days before Christmas. I’ve been part of their family since age 10, so it was a dark Christmas, helping them with his estate matters. I stayed with her mom for two nights at Christmas that resulted in my parents screaming at me for several days (they were jealous of the attention). But being with friends during such a sadness was the right thing to do, even if totally depressing.

My somewhat ex-husband (we’re still legally married) and his girlfriend came to visit for a ski. He is dying of rectal cancer that had already spread to his lymphatic system and liver by the time he was diagnosed with the rectal tumor in September. He has less than a year to live, as well. I did find the light in this mess - time spent with friends and family - despite it being the darkest holiday of my life. I made it through, but the extreme lack of sleep meant my immune system was downtrodden so in marched Flu B to take advantage, and it stuck.

I’m behaving respectfully and not going out in public - don’t want others to catch my flu - and I don’t want to get Omicron on top of the flu, either, and end up with the dreadful Flurona.

I took a new job in October which coupled with my broken foot and being no weight bearing, had left me little time to be here on the Forum. I’m working as a Producer at Activision Blizzard King (ABK), the world’s largest video game company. It cracks me up because I *hate* video games and consider them a scourge of society. But I love *producing* so it’s worth it. I jumped straight into relentless 18-22 work days. There are only 10 Producers for over 10,000 employees. We need to double our producing staff but the budget isn’t there. So I’ve had little sleep since October. That’s also part of why I was so rundown I got the Flu, and part of why I’m not as active here any more. Plus the broken foot. So there, now we’re all caught up, dear!

In the few hours I’m awake each day with the flu, I’m trying to get caught up on the NAFC boards.

@Sci_Fi_Fan Try to find pleasure in things like looking forward to a cup of tea, or reading a good book. The small things can add up. I’m not saying you and I don’t both have serious reasons to despair about our health, but we must make effort to strive for gratitude when and how we can. I know people say cheesy stuff about “count your blessings,” or “do a gratitude journal,” etc. I was very suspicious of such efforts when I first heard about them, but now it’s just the way my brain goes when I’m feeling upset: it’s trained to start looking around at things to be grateful for when I feel down and grouchy. Like some days, I can’t believe we have flushing toilets right here next to our bedrooms. It’s amazing!

Snow,Sci Fi,
Is it fair to be say I'm overwhelmed....

The enjoy the small things the very be small things works for me. Trying to do a small good thing to make something good happen. Be kind.

Your voices are meaning ful here.cliche but true.

Mine is my usual loose weight be healthy never stuck too it all the times I've said I'm going to do I don't however this I'm very determined to shift the weight for good I've had a couple of health issues that have scared the crap out of me. I joined a gym and have started exercising for the first time in years

@nappyman Good job on the new exercise! I can hardly wait to do the same after my first knee replacement!