What did Santa bring you?

I love toys that are vintage and wind up toys make me laugh.
I used to collect all sorts of wind up toys and have tiny pigs, flower pots on feet, dentures, trash cans all flapping wildly as they toddle raced across the table after a holiday meal

@Maymay941 There used to be a store in Philadelphia called “The Ultimate Wind-up.” It was a huge collection of wind-up toys. I still have the woodpecker I bought there. He pecked away when you wound him up. You’d have loved it.

Jason....yore killing me!! With the internet at my disposal I am very likely to go on a mad hunt fo wind ups now...I am in trouble!

The closest thing that I ever got as a present to diapers and such was a mattress protector. I have had supplies bought for me more times than I can count but I always knew it and the were never 🎁 but just something that I need and family helped me out with. If I was ever give them as a present 🎁 I would have lost my stuff and flipped out... not that my siblings didn't know that I had issue with bedweting but I was always descreat with it..

I know things were different when desposable products were not available but it's still disrespectful.. bedweting is not our fault and it should always be descreat.

ThatFLGuy said:
jeffswet said:
Aren't these things great?

I love my little 2 qt airfryer but I don't love waiting for on thing to cook before starting the next.. also the ninja foodi 2 basket has a dehidrator function so I can make myself some beef jerky...

Last Christmas I got an instapot so now I'm all decked out in kitchen gear

ThatFLGuy said:
jeffswet said:
Aren't these things great?

I love my little 2 qt airfryer but I don't love waiting for on thing to cook before starting the next.. also the ninja foodi 2 basket has a dehidrator function so I can make myself some beef jerky...

Last Christmas I got an instapot so now I'm all decked out in kitchen gear

I've been searching for some kind of rack that I can use to stack different foods. If I wasn't so lazy right now, I'd photograph some of the things I have tried- mostly chrome plated steel baskets of one form or another. I carry a measuring tape around with me when I go to thrift stores and have found eight or nine items that could (or should) have worked, but different foods cook faster than others, so there is a learning curve involved, to be sure. Enjoy yours!

HI, MayMay and Jason: The Garrett-Wade tool catalog for Christmas had a bunch of vintage toys, those old-time ones - race cars and such. Wooden clocks you put together yourself. Woodpeckers that climb a line. Wind-up toys. Leonardi DeVinci creataions as tools. It's quite a collection & I had no idea you could even find them, still.
For you train - and model train - buffs, look for the you-tube channel "Toy Man". Motto: Perfecting the Fine Art of Screwing Around. He followed the restored Big Boy steam loco around, too. He & his wife are constrained by the pandemic, but the past videos are still there. They are making a "garden railroad", and I'd have given my eyeteeth when a teen. His attic is bulging with model trains and parts, some homemade.
Don't drool!

Don't you think I have enough trouble with spending my toy money already Alasouth??
Don't vote, it will only encourage me!

HI @Jason, where in Philly was The Ultimate Wind-Up??? I never heard of it! You say there used to be that store so it sounds like it is no longer there???

@billliveshere The store was on South St, I believe between 3rd and 4th, but it was back in the 1980s. It’s long gone! A fun place.

I had a crazy good Christmas. I spent it at home while my family was in a different state and that really really sucked.
But! My folks sent me a package to open up on Xmas day and in that package was a MacBook Air! I was blown away. I feel very grateful for my family and their generosity.

@justej , thats awesome and good to hear. Just stayed home family only, hsd a nice Christmas dinner and some drinks.

Hi EJ I'm glad your Christmas turned out well despite your family being in a different state. A nice present does make a huge difference! And a generous family is in itself a wonderful gift that gives year in and year out!!! :D

Made myself some wings with the airfryer I got for Christmas.. They were tasty..

f273f703bcd56ed0ab993ff97eecb922.jpg
ea03f1ca6915435d9869b1878cc715bb.jpg

Sounds like you have pain management and aren't hitting the ER on the regular for now? Are you getting PT?
I've been praying for you.
Looks like you're a good cook and enjoyed every bite.

ThatFLGuy....
Them wings look tasty!! (Well, the first photo anyway.) We have one of those Ninja Foodi fryers too, I can't believe we have not tried wings in them yet!! Well, there's 2 more days of this long weekend yet to go...

Hi FlGuy, Looks like you've cooked up a good time with your new air fryer! You might put those wings recipe up on the Food Network! And by looking at the second pic they must have been good, right down to the very last bite!!!! :D

billliveshere said:
Hi FlGuy, Looks like you've cooked up a good time with your new air fryer! You might put those wings recipe up on the Food Network! And by looking at the second pic they must have been good, right down to the very last bite!!!! :D

My way of making wings.

First shake onion powder, garlic salt and paprika over the wings in a shakeable container.

Cooking at 375 for 12 minutes.
Uses tongs and take the wings out and drain and liquids
Cook for another 12 minutes @375
Repeat drain process

Cook @400 for 5-10 minutes depending you wanted crispy level.

The wing sauce 70% butter and 30% mild buffalo sauce.

With ranch dressing for diping..

You can just do a 25 minute cook@375 and then finish them off @400 but I find that draining the liquid makes for a crispy skin that I love.

@ThatFLGuy , That recipe sounds delicious!, I'm definitely going to try your way of doing wings, thanks for sharing the recipe.