very big sore

Dear Snow: My Dr at one point gave me an RX for "Nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream USP". It was for severe diaper rash and nothing I was getting OTC was helping. It sounds like your condition is a bit different, however. Best of Luck, Rayl in Arizona

Hey Snow, I had experienced a rash in and around my pubic area, including my scrotum, most of my penis and down the insides of each leg. My doctor confirmed that was a type of yeast infection and after 3 different doctors and prescriptions, one prescribed Viaderm KC cream. Applying to the affected areas 2-3 times per day. Now, after 6 months of persistence, I can see that it's finally finished. Perseverance!
I don't know if I have followed the intentions but I learned that rubbing in a dollop of cream, allow to absorb for about 15 mins and avoid covering up the area has been most successful.
Because I am struggling with incontinence, post prostatectomy, I have been covering up the area with a light pad. This pad tends to seal off the area and a bit of urine has kept the area moist. Also, I shouldn't have been wearing jeans (cotton doesn't breath well) The moisture has really slowed down the recovery.
I guess my message is, tell your doctor about your experiences, dont be rebel and follow his/her advice and be patient.
I hope you find a solution and can continue with your normal life and activities!

Snow glad to see you voting around but jury still out on your healing I guess!
Main thing is you are rumbling around but still hoping you get GOOD RELIEF skin stuff takes awhile to heal

Snow, hoping you are feeling better and have some relief from those sore areas. My time with those types of sores was not pleasant so I hope you are resting easy today. Don’t want you to battle that infection again. We are sending all good thoughts your way today. ❤️

Thank you everyone, very much for your concern. I couldn’t answer until now because I was trapped working.

The night I brought up the sore here on the forum, I went to urgent care (a location where they have different offices for COVID/flu patients so I didn’t have to be with them. Unfortunately the only person working was an intern who looked 25 :( When she saw it, she did exactly what I’d done: she Googled images. The truth is that it doesn’t look like yeast nor MRSA. She decided it was yeast, because I don’t have a fever; I agree. Also if it was MRSA, it would have an odor; it does not. She said if it started to look like a cavern or a collapsed geyser or turned black, to go straight to the ER. She prescribed me Flucanazole oral pills 150mg for three days (fortunately I have a backstore of them and will take them for a week - had to do that when I got a yeast infection in my throat from the COVID steroid inhaler). She also prescribed an antifungal cream AND a powder, but couldn’t tell me when to apply each one - like, day, night, with or without a diaper? That part annoys me. A cream is the opposite of a powder, so which one?! Since the powder burns and the cream feels soothing, I am sort of skipping the powder and just using the cream. Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences about that?

Since I started the treatment, the sores (on both sides) look and feel less raw, but have not decreased in size. I think this is going to take a while. The fact that I have it on both sides seems to be an indication that it is yeast because you wouldn’t get two at the same time of MRSA necessarily.

I have tried not to wear underwear or pants. Doing so definitely made it worse.

Yesterday I was too busy in work meetings to remember to call my dermatologist to schedule for Monday. There is no way this will be over on Monday. The problem is, my boss is already really sick of how many medical appointments I have (so am I!!!). They interfere with work a lot. Doctors should be much more considerate and realize that the average person cannot just take off work for medical appointments in the middle of the day; they should be working on weekends! My boss makes me mad because it’s not like I don’t stay up until 5:00 a.m. slaving away to catch up - and then some. I get my work done. We are permanently understaffed by 50% so I do the work of two people. Unfortunately, I’m thinking of quitting :(

I haven’t told the company that I have disabilities. Has anybody had a good experience from doing that? Keep in mind my entertainment company is based in liberal Southern California and in the entertainment industry, so there’s a chance probably more in that area than anywhere else in the country that they might be kind. But they also may just not renew my contract in October! So I’m scared to tell them.

Sigh. So on Monday, I will call my dermatologist and ask to talk to a nurse - that is a great idea!!!! and try to be seen on Monday or Tuesday.

Spraying with water, rather than wiping, is a good idea, too, though I don’t know if my OCD can handle that.

I’ll keep you peeps in the loop.

I guess my PCP ordered NYSTATIN 100,000 units cream, 3 times per day at diaper changes. And NYSTATIN 100,000 units powder at diaper changes daily till it clears up then back to the ointments

Good you have something at least!

No clear idea of path forward but to get medical assistance.by insisting to speak to nurse maybe you can be send your photos

As for quitting vs them not renewing your contract one would THINK it would be harder to fire you if I was know n you have disability AND they are short staffed in the extreme to be thin with.

Snow, sorry you have so much on your plate right now. Your body comes first and it sound stable if not better. Glad you will be calling Monday to make appointment. Keep us updated and let us know of anything we can do.

@Boomersway Dis your doctor tell you to avoid eating carbs? They can make yeast grow. I’m wondering if I should do that.

I remembered I’ve had blood spotting in my underwear for a couple of weeks, thought it was just tte ever-elusive “spotting” women get unpredictably, but now I think it’s been the sores.

Snow - I recommend doing some daily 15 minute meditations. The stress that you are enduring may exacerbate the rash. Worrying about your job and whether or not to divulge your disability adds to your grief. you have to slow down and recognize that you can only do what you can do without caving in. It sounds like you are doing everything you can think of the ease your debilitated situation. I don't know your age but I'm wondering if you could qualify for Social Security disability. You need some time to get this condition under control and heal.

It doesn't sound to me like your company will let you go if you're working as hard as you say. They are getting their money's worth and should want to protect that. Is there an HR person, or some advocate that you could level with?

I hope there is an answer soon for you. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and my heart while you work through all this S---.

@ritanofsinger I am 45. When I looked into disability, I found I would receive $800/month despite having worked since age 15.

Blizzard (the company) does have a disability network. Disclosing at the time of hiring was optional. They encourage people to tell the truth so the company can get a discount on taxes. But I doubt they actually help the disabled. I am on an employee chat channel for the disabled, sort of like this forum, but there aren’t many posts.

@Boomersway No UTI, but I am on something that (Belbuca cheek patches for pain; they suck, just started them) is prone to causing them. The meds I have for tte yeast are oral Fluticasone 150mg, Clotrimasone 1% cream, and Nystop powder “100,000 30GM”.

If I’m at home and not at my desk, I like to sit Indian-style in my bed. It’s very comfortable after all the ballet and yoga I’ve done. It’s good for my back pain to sit that way. My work computer is a laptop but it’s connected to a bunch of stuff. There’s a chance I would have less skin-to-skin friction if I sat so was spread eagle in bed, but skin would still be touching, and I wouldn’t do a good job at work if I was only using the laptop. But it may come to that.

Snow apart from the sore how is your foot healing?
Ps I wish you could take a break from all the issues and stressors. You remind me of that old saw about using yourself up and yelling weeeee!! The rest of the way

@snow , Ok, yes, that is what I was going to bring up as my PCP, nurses and urology PA me too lay on pad spread wide naked and let the air get to everything. I wish I could sleep naked, but cant as it would be a mess. Guess that must be the reason they tell me to come in for a Foley catheter for a while. When everything like this hits I need lorazepam. I told her once I think a big glass of brandy on the rocks would feel better! I laughed she didnt.

Wish you could get on disibilty, as I sense you are running in circles which is not helping you. I would or maybe you have talked to your Dr. about this. You are exhausted!