Tranquility

Archives1

Staff member
So in the spirit of trying the major brands I haven't tried yet I got some Tranquility overnight, even though I don't really need that much protection, it's what was available on Amazon and I do like the feel of the heavier padded products better.

I fount them to be a good fit, though not quite as good quality as the Abena. Still they are comfortable and time will tell if they leak.

So my list of favorites goes like this.

Northshore Supreme
Abena Flex
Tranquility
Tena for Men

Nothing else is worth listing. Now I need to figure out the cost/benefit ratio, but I would wear any of the above.

My incontinence is on the lighter side, my bigger issue is with the interstitial cystitis/OAB and the extreme urinary frequency (20-30 times a day) I leak for 15-20 minutes after going to the bathroom but it’s never huge amounts. I have found that though a pull-up will usually suffice for me (I use Abena abriflex pull-ups when I do wear them) I prefer a regular diaper. My go to diaper is the Prevail extended wear. The Prevail diapers are great, they are comfortable fit wise, VERY durable, absorbent for what I need them for and discreet. I know Prevail is known as a low end nursing home diaper, but these are GREAT and no doubt a well kept secret.

I’ve found my go to diaper for daytime use is generally the molicare super slip which is amazingly absorbent and hold more than you’d think but if I’m going to be away for a while I will wear a Northshore lite with a booster or a Tena slip(the good European made ones).