The perks of wearing a diaper.

Archives1

Staff member
The bathroom at the place I get mental health services from is closed. There are some worried people but not me!

1 thing I am kinda liking but not about having incontinence issues is I don't need to use public toilets unless it's to change my incontinence pads or diapers.
Some public toilets I find absolutely disgusting and horrible to the point I want to vomit.

I finally got to change at the hospital where I was for pt. Which is super good because I had a small leak. I was wearing a hoodie in pt (didn’t think ahead when I was getting dressed this morning. Woops) and I sweated all over the table (I was wearing shorts and my legs got sweaty.) first thought was “oh crap I leaked” but then remembered I was actually dry but I had a panic moment for a second.

Hi @Dino, I agree with that! A lot of the public toilets over here are definitely nothing to write home about and are great places to avoid!! They can be really gross and when you wear protection you can have the option of going into the next public toilet down the road and not worrying about leakage if the first one you see is not acceptable!! Of course when you have bladder spasms you still need to hope for the best.

I don’t like being incontinent but I agree it definitely has its perks. I don’t have to get up in the middle of a movie or stand in line at the arena and wait on a toilet. Most people in line are so miserable but not me I don’t even know when or if I’m going so I’m good!

I had a similar thought the other day when I got stuck without bathroom access for several hours at work. My colleague was panicking while I was cool as a cucumber knowing I was protected. Sometimes I feel like wearing a pull up to work for light bladder leakage is overkill, but experiences like that remind me that the dribbles add up when there’s no opportunity to urinate or change and it’s better to be safe than sorry.

Not having to worry about finding a public washroom when it’s inconvenient to do so and not having to get up at night to go to the bathroom are two big perks for me.

My wife has been complaining about waking up to pee. She's not able to go back to sleep and she's not getting to sleep in on the weekends. She said that I was lucky that I didn't wake up to pee! I suppose that's one good thing to look forward to.

Today, 3 weeks post op, I was running in to Taco Bell to pee after driving for a couple hours. Doors locked, Drive Thru only they said! Thank goodness for max depends, hit the drive thru and drove another hour home, no worries. :0)

Truly, I went for wearing a pull up around the house and worrying about having a leak to just wearing a full diaper and getting over the fact that I would have accidents. I still try to get to the bathroom and I am using up my crappy choth backed abena diapers but I think I worry less and enjoy my awake time more now. As for leaving home. After Physical therapy I don't think I will be leaving home without a full diaper on anymore.

Okay just thought about this with Halloween being yesterday.

Perks of wearing a diaper, when the haunted house scares the literal piss out of ya.

@ThatFLGuy
I literally had the piss scared out of me as a kid.
Used to run upto someone's back door till security light came on and run off and wait till owner came out.
Me and friends hid nearby by to see owner come out.
This night it was my turn owner hid and grabbed me from behind I wet myself on the spot.
Never again did I do something so stupid.
I was about 12 at the time.

12 is not the brightest of years for the human animal. Although, 13 might be worse...
Here, it is the moose that set off the motion light. Doesn't bother them. You don't grab them, either. And they look so tasty....
We got a load of topsoil, this year, and a cow peed on it. Oh, well, more fertilizer.