Support and Protection

Archives1

Staff member
I had something on my mind tonight because i havent been able to talk with you guys because of a personal situation where i had a jilted lover whom found my information on this site.

So this jilted lover i felt bad for while i was in a training class because he had a type A personality and didnt really connect with others but turned out to be really bad news. After graduating from our class and orientation i worked with a woman who sat next to myself whom told me prior to working with us - this jilted lover worked for the state with the mentally handicapped and physically disabled. He apparently got really paranoid and thats when i found out he was recording others and probably myself when he was playing footsies with myself at a local cafe.

So i started putting two and two together and i distanced myself from this jilted lover. But have you ever felt different because of your disability or continence issues? Have you ever felt used? When i opened up to this person about my pre existing bladder condition; he related to me but after the fact i felt preyed on.

Its something thats been affecting myself for a long time; because sometimes we need people in our life to help, protect and support us with our issues - and thats something that ive personally been trying to work on.

Over the past few years of developing OAB syndrome; urgency issues and leaking - ive learned being back in my body i dont want to be in - i need the support and protection from others. I suppose thats why i need more good people in my life. My dad and step mother put on this facade as if i dont exist in 50% of there life - and the memories of countless accidents and humiliating experiences in my life - ive learned that when it comes to facing bladder issues; any body in this world who is facing this real issue - deserves people in there life that is going to own up and help that person.

Because at the end of the day; i don't want to wear a diaper.

Amen,
HC

@Honeeecombs

I'm sorry for you, but I am having trouble understanding your story. Maybe you have explained it in an earlier post that I didn't see.

I'm sorry for what happened to you in your personal life. I was having a hard time understanding what you are trying to say in your post. As you mentioned about OAB most of us deal with it on a daily basis. As for diapers go it all depends on how much you leak. Pads for light incontinence pull ups for monterate to heavy incontinence,then severe incontinence where you need diapers with tabs. If you need to talk with anyone or have a question just ask ok.

Hello Honeeecombs,

It's true that a faithful friend is a sturdy shelter and a person who finds one finds a treasure. Don't let this setback hold you back. Continue to find social outlets. You'll always find those who don't appreciate your situation. Move on from these individuals. As my mother would aptly say, "There are more fish in the sea." There are many caring individuals. They will appreciate you WITH your situation.
You'll also find compassion on this forum. We're here to support you in any way we can. Take care.