Social issues diapers

Archives1

Staff member
I have certain issues that I need to wear diapers 24/7 and they are urnairy incontince and anxiety, insomnia are the main reason why I wear diapers. I find it very hard to do my job and have any friends or family member who understands my need for diapers. My job is very stressful and demanding. I have a hard time getting to change during the day. There is no preovice because the staff bathroom is in the break room. When I do change my coworkers will know that I wear diapers and that is stressful for me. I do see someone for issues and she thinks I should get disability from social security. I am trying but got denied, this is the second time I tried to get disability. I know that others have it and didn't have a problem getting it. It seems for me I always had a hard time with things. I also have a learning disability too. I have a hard time understanding people and I keep to myself. The only thing that helps me cope this is diapers it may sound wired but that's how I deal with my issues.

It’s not weird and I understand. I work full time in a job that can be very stressful most of the time. While the urinary issues and need for protection may be a little different, I do understand feeling much safer and more secure if you are protected. So you aren’t nuts. 😊 different people have the things that make them feel safe that’s all. For many with incontinence, I would rather be padded then have a leak in public any day of the week.
Private message me later if you like. Allot of times there are often other factors that attribute to this need that sometimes haven’t surfaced either. Don’t sweat the small stuff. You’ve got this👍

Kind regards,
Jim

If you are not working with a lawyer who knows the area of social security disability, I'd advise seeking one. They know how to work within the system.

It is really too bad that the bathroom is in the break room. You deserve privacy. Is there another bathroom in another part of your building that you could use? What about turning on the water when you use the staff bathroom to muffle the sounds you are making? Hope reading our messages of support is a comfort to you.

I am sorry to hear about your challenges, I, too, hope you can find another bathroom - even if it's further away for you to get the privacy you need to take care of your needs as well as help from Social Security. The stigma of wearing diapers as an aid, for whatever reason, remains an issue for many. While many ads and store aisles acknowledge the need for protection, talking about it or admitting you need diapers is sadly mostly taboo. Hang in there - you're not alone.

Hi everyone thanks for your help and support, just let you know that there isn't a another bathroom I can use. I just have to deal with my coworkers knowing that I wear diapers. In away having to wear diapers is not a bad thing it has it adventge. Like not missing out on certain events movies shopping and trips. Everyone uses a bag packed or a tog bag today and no one has to know what is in it. As for social security disability I am waiting to hear from them . I have applied it but to wait till they yes or no then I can get a lawyer.

MRjw48 said:
I have certain issues that I need to wear diapers 24/7 and they are urnairy incontince and anxiety, insomnia are the main reason why I wear diapers. I find it very hard to do my job and have any friends or family member who understands my need for diapers. My job is very stressful and demanding. I have a hard time getting to change during the day. There is no preovice because the staff bathroom is in the break room. When I do change my coworkers will know that I wear diapers and that is stressful for me. I do see someone for issues and she thinks I should get disability from social security. I am trying but got denied, this is the second time I tried to get disability. I know that others have it and didn't have a problem getting it. It seems for me I always had a hard time with things. I also have a learning disability too. I have a hard time understanding people and I keep to myself. The only thing that helps me cope this is diapers it may sound wired but that's how I deal with my issues.
Hey, do you guys over the pond, have such things as disabled toilets?

We have them here and they are single rooms with showers in, hoists in, wash basins in and most importantly a disposal bin for pads etc. You might need to buy a key to access but they're well worth using?

Using diapers shows you are taking a hygienic approach to handling your incontinence. Sure beats walking around with wet pants. And getting the floor wet where ever you are.