Should I even try to make it?

@fleemoore
(continuation) The external catheter requires a leg bag. Recommend a BARD or RUSCH brand, 19oz. Larger-size bags are too heavy when they are full. The drain valve at the bottom of the bag can be a "Flip-Flo" or "screw valve" with fine threads. After a few days of use, minerals in the urine will stick to the ball of the Flip-Flo valve and will stick to the threads of the screw-type valve, making both types of valves hard to operate. The odor will begin to build up inside the bag. To counter both things, every time you install a fresh external catheter, squirt a bit of DAWN dish detergent and then a bit of vinegar (white or apple cider vinegar)into the drain tube. These two items will help suppress odor and will help dissolve the minerals that have accumulated inside the valve. (Not a complete cure but will help enough to prolong the life of the bag for several days.) I have two plastic ketchup bottles with a tapered nozzle for storing the DAWN dish detergent and vinegar. The tapered nozzles will fit inside the drain tube. Insert the nozzle and squeeze the bottle. The DAWN will slowly ooze down the inside of the drain tube. The vinegar, then, will wash the DAWN down into the bag. THEN...press the bag slightly to coat the inside of the bag with the DAWN and vinegar. As urine enters the bag, the DAWN and vinegar will mix with it and help the bag to remain fresh and will help the drain valve to stay clean, longer. (More to come.)

Hi I have been dealing with incontinence for most my my life. Yes I wear diapers and yes it’s still embarrassing to wear them but I need them. I will try to get to a restroom if I can. I still try what my doctor recommends to me. But until it stops I will have to be in diapers. I really don’t like it but it won’t stop me from getting out.

Another vote for Hollister condom catheter and leg bag. I have used them for the past 5 months. Primarily for when I will be away from a bathroomn for long periods such as long distance driving. Agree with the advice to start at 32mm and adjust from there. Get the extra adhesive versions. I use the Hollister medium (540ml) leg bags. I dont use the flexible hose, just hook the leg bag up to the condom and strap the bag to my upper thigh. Easier to manage and empty this way. I had bad experiences with the Bard catheters. Found them to be flimsy and they slipped off. Good luck!

@bcarr
Thanks for the suggestion of wearing the leg bag on the upper thigh. I will try that and see if it has my name on it. Do you wear cotton undies next to your skin and the bag on top of the undies? OR, do you wear the bag next to your leg skin?

@Newbie2this Botox has been used medically for up years now. Look it up on Wikipedia. It’s used all over the body for a variety of reasons. Sometimes it’s even used in peoples eyes. You really should try it.

What did you mean when you said, “For years I have been mostly spamming . . . “ ?

I agree that intentionally wetting one’s self is the hardest part of incontinence to cope with. It goes against all of our social programming.