Reducing odors

Two things happened
First I had a serious on going hip injury might have been part of loss of bladder control
Second that lemonade really really in large quantity did irritate my bladder very badly
Oh and thirdly, my bladder loss started

Well yes, that "lemonade" is really dreadful!:eek: Now Publix has a drink you get at their deli counter and it comes in smaller plastic bottles. It really is lemonade. But the stuff we're talking about comes in a bigger container and is NOT actual lemonade. Not sure what part of the store that comes from which is not surprising since I would never voluntarily buy that stuff. As I recall if you look closely at the label it says something like "lemonade-flavored drink." So I guess it really pays to look closely at labels. The nature center isn't known for spending big on refreshments at gatherings (at least back when we were able to have gatherings) so I guess I'm not surprised. But Maymay, based on your experience I'll just have to drink water at those events from now on!:|

I would suggest a small amount in a large container of water if you want to have that lemony flavor. I do love lemon flavor

I probably don't drink enough liquids I just don't feel hungry or thirsty thanks to my ADHD meds, I try to avoid caffeine since I know it makes me have to urinate even more so than my normal overactive bladder which makes me not making it to a restroom in time even more likely but sometimes I need that coffee or an energy drink. Also, maybe didn't make this clear enough initially, when I initially have an accident odor isn't usually a problem unless I'm quite dehydrated or I have eaten or drank something that effects the smell. Most of the time when I start having issues with the odor is when I am not able to change for a couple of hours because often I am unable to change until I get off of work or until I get home. I also probably don't drink enough plain water, although often will just add flavor packets or similar stuff to water, in general when I am trying to stay hydrated I drink more gatorade than anything

@greengold4

I don't have day wet issues so cannot help with suggestions for an active day life but saw your comment about using Northshore Pull-ups. Were they the GoSupreme ones? I've seen those and was wondering if they might be good for overnight protection. I usually do not wear protection at night since my bedwetting is infrequent but I do when travelling.

Yes I use the GoSupreme's, I tried a sample of the FlexSupreme's and at least for me the fit was awful. The GoSupreme's are good for a pullup, but whether they would work for you probably depends on how heavy your accidents are and how you sleep. I've found that for me usually it can handle at least one normal void, although if it is a larger than normal void sometimes it doesn't absorb quickly enough and leaks (The fun with OAB sometimes my bladder tells me it is full when it is only a quarter full and sometimes it waits until it is pretty much completely full which is when I've had leaks). I in general wouldn't recommend a pull up for night time, they don't do a great job of containment when you aren't standing up, I usually get some warning before I need to go just never know if when the urge hits I sometimes have 5 seconds or sometimes 30 minutes so am more often than not standing when accidents happen. Have the side issue of ADHD tending to cause me to hyperfocus on things so if I am in the middle of something I often without thinking try to hold it so I can finish what I am working on before I lose focus because especially with work I struggle to get back started on something if I stop working on it. I've had leaks happen more frequently with the GoSupremes when the accident happens while laying down or sitting down.

@greengold4

I am not a heavy wetter at night and usually sleep on my back or front. If on side I am more turned to having my front downward if that makes sense. I use Depends RealFits right now and they seem to work for me on the rare occasion that I do bedwet when wearing them. I've only had a few very small leaks using them.

I like them over other adult pull-ups because there is protection up the front side (like GoodNites if you ever used them). Most other pull-ups I tried have the protection low and all this unprotected waistband area if that makes sense. So having the fuller cover of protection up front seems to do it for me.

I might have to get some of the GoSupremes to try. I don't like having just one product that works just in case one day it doesn't work for me. I'd like to have a few go to products that I can use and feel confident that they will keep the bed and my cloths dry if I bedwet.

Thanks for the info.

Makes perfect sense to me, Jaytee. It's good to find something that works for you and when that happens stay with it! Not everything always works the same way for everybody else. Since we're all different in our needs what works for one may not work for you. Sometimes it takes a while and you have to go through quite a few samples to find the best fit and best absorbency at the best price.